Swindon 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should remember that there have been games where we didnt look like winning with a few minutes to go, and took 3 pts.
Without a strong finish we could easily be 5pts worse off from the Bristol R and Huddersfield games alone.

BB People should also remember we are in a really shite division and the better teams usually walk it. We seem to be just one of a bunch of half a dozen teams at the top, not being able to pull away. In this division we should look at a draw as a bad result.
If we had held on to some of the leads we have had, we would now be in a much better position.

well it's not a great result but atleast we came away with something, it's just the manner in which we dropped two points that disappoints. The game against Scunthorpe next will will go a long way to decide one of the automatic places IMO. If they beat us I think they will win the league personally..

OH FFS!!!!!! Is that the same Swindon team that is well into the bottom half with a negative 4 goals?

What bollocks! We were top of the division going into this round of matches. A team in our position should expect to win against a team in their position!

Swindon have scored 2 or more goals in a game on at least 6 occasions this season and Cox has scored a hat trick and has been a danger this season. That was my point, we should have been more aware that they and Cox are capable of turning a game. Please do your research and look at the stats before accusing someone of bollocks. I thought i was making a fair point and still do.

We're still averaging 2 points a game. You can't expect much better than that from a club with a 5 year long losing mentality.

NP is doing a fine job.

We've had 23 games in 14 weeks with virtually all of these spread around 18 or so players, many of whom have played nearly all the games.

Occasionally, we're going to concede a late goal or two, we're going to lose the odd game. However, we've only lost once in the league in the last 2 months. That's not bad, whatever the standard of the opposition.

We ought to take their late slip today on the chin, be grateful that we've got a midweek off for a change, and look forward to doing over Scunny next week.

Also (although I know that we can't compare all the games) we did score two late goals against Bristol and let in late goals against Brighton. It will be swings and roundabouts all season.

Not the end of the world but still disappointing nonetheless!

BB People should also remember we are in a really shite division and the better teams usually walk it. We seem to be just one of a bunch of half a dozen teams at the top, not being able to pull away. In this division we should look at a draw as a bad result.
If we had held on to some of the leads we have had, we would now be in a much better position.

I have concerns as well BG, but in general we are still very well placed. I feel that many teams in this lge are probaly quite relaxed against us, and they can use the underdogs tag and approach the game with a nothing to lose attitude. For this reason imo we have coped pretty well so far.
As the season progresses i believe we have an advantadge over a number of our rivals, because our squad will be better able to sustain injuries and suspensions.
Its well documented that our club has been in decline for a number of years. Over those years we have watched a struggling premier lge squad, deteriorate into one of the worst Leicester City sides ever.
Imo the worst is over though. Apart from the relegation last season, one of the lowest points for me was the Micky Adams reign.
Not of course entirely his fault, but because of fianances he recruited a side of loan players and has-beens. It was depressing because it was going nowhere. At least with todays team, they maybe limited, they maybe a far cry from previous Leicester teams, but it does have a little promise.
There is a lot of anxiety about us being in this lge, and i understand the frustrations, but have we not learned nothing from giving our team derision over the years. It undermines confidence, the quality of our game disappears down the swanny and the lack of progress becomes a vicious circle.
Give it time BG, stick with it, i think we have a chance to move forward this season

From my point of view, if you look at the table we're 2nd and come the end of the season that'll do. We'll give Scunthorpe a hiding, then we're top of the league - we then stay there until the end of the season...........................................NURSE, my medication please!! and i need to be restrained - i may harm myself and others!!!!! wibble......

o.k its not the end of the world,but if i have one concern, is that mentality of here we go again scenario.

at somepoint in the season we will be in the same position,supposedly cruising at 2-0,it will always be in the back of the mind that things will go tits up.

amazingly we have conceded half of our goals this season in this situation.

so maybe its no coincidence that our players just switch off,something np has to eradicate.

Luckily for me I was sat near to that Glenn bloke who is always on the radio slagging off Pearson.....guess what he was doing most of the game?:icon_roll

First half we were shite. Feck using the wind being against us as an excuse, we hoofed the ball, hardly used the midfield(though not surprised) and were on the back foot time and again from a busy Swindon side.

Second half was better(but not much tbh!) Two well taken goals put us in control and maybe NP should've thought then about subs, but he didn't......trouble is, our problems didn't come from the strikers after that but the utter ineptitude from the defence in the build up to both goals.

Whilst Henderson might be at fault for his positioning, his defence did feck all to stop the ball going into the box, and then did feck all in trying to clear the bloody thing.

Absolutely pissed off with the shoddy way we conceded those goals.

Last edited:
In regards to the questions raised to me in the Match Thread:

I had indicated as of the Fryatt goal changes needed to be made (74th Minute) not 30 mins before the end of the game.

We play the same players week in, week out. We needed to freshen things up and rotate, NP failed to do that, I'm not calling for his head, but IMO he let the fans down by not changing anything and again; it was his fault for this draw.

Totally agree... This is the third time we have thrown away a two goal lead this season and it is simply not good enough. We were rescued by a very fortuitous goal at Huddersfield but the five points we have dropped at Swindon and Brighton could very well come back too cost us at the end of the season.

15 minutes to go and 2-0 up called for some fresh legs. A fresh Dickov or Campbell to put pressure on there back four and midfield or the introduction of Hobbs or Adams to bolster the midfield or defence was what was called for.

After being at the Brighton game i was fearing the worst at 2-2. We threw our lead away. As with the Brighton game Pearson didn't use any subs until it the damage had already been done. Otherwise from that Howards missed free header cost us. Not the end of the world but Pearson didn't react well/at all to the Swindon changes when we were 2-0 up

[/B]
Swindon have scored 2 or more goals in a game on at least 6 occasions this season and Cox has scored a hat trick and has been a danger this season. That was my point, we should have been more aware that they and Cox are capable of turning a game. Please do your research and look at the stats before accusing someone of bollocks. I thought i was making a fair point and still do.

It's still bollocks! Do you realise what division we are in? The teams are shite, you say swindon have scored 2 or more goals in several games, but looking at the goal difference teams must have scored more than 2 against them to get a deficit. People say the tables don't lie, Swindon are where they are for a reason as are we. LCFC have not played very well at all recently but we are still in the top 2 positions. Does that not say something. If not feck off and support Swindon.

It's still bollocks! Do you realise what division we are in? The teams are shite...

Yes, but that includes us as well.
We're a shit team in a shit league, playing against other shit teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669