Swindon Playoff Final 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
DesertFox said:
Blimey... how did that lot produce such a memorable game?

When we got back to 3-3 after being 3 down I thought we were gonna do it and my efforts of leaving the family on holiday in Mablethorpe at 9-45am to drive down to London were gonna be worth it.

Put then we had ANOTHER penalty against us at Wembley and that was that:icon_sad: :icon_sad:

me too..... and for some strange reason I didnt come out of the stadium feeling suicidal... :eek:

Cate Fox said:
me too..... and for some strange reason I didnt come out of the stadium feeling suicidal... :eek:

i know what you mean cate felt proud of the boys

Tony or Richard I think, he was the one who scored to goal that stopped us going down to division 3 two seasons before.

Last edited:
jb5000 said:
Tony or Richard I think, he was the one who scored to goal that stopped us going down to division 3 two season before.

Pardon? It was Tony James who scored the goal against Oxford United!!

The Richard Smith goal that you are confusing it with was the one against Palace in the 3rd round of the FA Cup the following season.

Last edited:
anyone else remember the game against oxford when smith played for nearly 4o minutes in goal cos muggles got injured. and we won 2-1. and he didnt concede! slightly better than theo's efforts a few years back!

Who were the subs?

Using my Dad's describing skills I remember who Smith was.

I used to have this game on video, if anyone can point me in the direction of a new one please do so.

It was the reason I became a City fan.

Hazzman said:
Who were the subs?

City didn't use any subs during the game and I can't find any record of who the two on the bench were at the moment.

I would guess at Colin Gibson and either of Ian Ormondroyd or Phil Gee - but a guess is all it would be.

bocadillo said:
I would guess at Colin Gibson and either of Ian Ormondroyd or Phil Gee - but a guess is all it would be.

On the other hand it could have been David Lowe and Tony James.

At the last game at Filbo when ex players did a walkaround the pitch, Tony James got a cracking ovation in appreciation for that goal. I don't think he realised how much it meant to us City fans until that day.

bocadillo said:
City didn't use any subs during the game and I can't find any record of who the two on the bench were at the moment.

I'd say Ormondroyd was one of the subs 'cause I can remember some woman behind me kept shouting " Bring on the hemorrhoid!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669