Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last point - not very good PR for the bank is it. Dunc's points ( I think, and I can't be bothered with trawling back ), were to do more with refinancing the loans we already have on more favourable rates/terms, rather than taking on more overall borrowing.
Banks/PR :102: As far as I'm aware banks don't give a **** about PR, they care about money. I can't think of one bank with a decent PR record.

As for Duncs post, yes you are right, I've checked back it is about restructuring loans, but has he pointed out, the banks weren't intersted until MM came along.

I'd sell the training ground, build a 5-7mill extension on the side of the ground and have a training facility there. Or 5-7mill on a new facility somewhere esle. For a club in our position, surely this is classed as a lavish luxury. Selling it could free up so much money, so long as we still have decent facilities to move in to.

But if as I suspect that MM comes in this weekend, it's all irrelevant

There is the option of putting the TG into trust and having the current board as the administrators to the trust. This could then be loaned to the club for free.

This way no one can financially gain from the TG other than the club whoever owns it. Can't see it happening though.

Back to the training ground...

17m does seem steep but it would be a lot of dough.

The club have had the TG for 50 years

On the moan-in Birch did'nt know if they own it or not + he's there every day (they do)

They needed to get money quick during the administration, selling it would of been a slow process

I work at the Uni, the club have used the facilitys a lot, these were used more than the TG under Levein and are still used.

Birch sang the praises of the Uni facilities saying the TG was getting a bit shabby

Selling them would be bad IMO family silver and all that

I just got the feeling from the S/Holder (not one of the new bunch) i spoke to that
'johnny foreigner comes in, pays 7m gets the club lock, stock..and the training grounds worth more than that alone'
(Get 200k for house and the gardens worth 500k for developent scenario)

Just worried more may feel that way and hold on

when you owe money like they did, feckin everything goes. It does not matter if it is a slow process. I was owed money then and I would have not cared less if they had to sell the TG to raise money to pay me off...

when you owe money like they did, feckin everything goes. It does not matter if it is a slow process. I was owed money then and I would have not cared less if they had to sell the TG to raise money to pay me off...
BG, are you saying you had to suffer a major financial whallop as a result of adminitration, yet the club are still allowed to train in luxury at your expense in a facility that should rightly have ben sold to pay off yourself and lots of others in your situation :102: :icon_wink

BG, are you saying you had to suffer a major financial whallop as a result of adminitration, yet the club are still allowed to train in luxury at your expense in a facility that should rightly have ben sold to pay off yourself and lots of others in your situation :102: :icon_wink

seems like it, ............. bastards..:mad:

WTF is your problem ?

If you read my 'Original' post:

Which was posted before this post of yours:

You will clearly see I had already said/commented on the fact that I thought there was too much guessing going on, and I then decided to post again:

My original post / other post had fck all to do with what you had posted, but you have taken it upon yourself to presume that i was having a dig at you.

I suggest before you start posting drivel about me asking a friend what his travel arrangements are to a game (in an away game thread), you actually think next time.

And if ya don't like it .... FECK OFF !!!!

:icon_roll

I find the majority of the posts and topics both on here and Foxestalk very informative,amusing and all done in a light hearted manner.

However I find your continual dismissive comments demeaming (whoever they were aimed at)

When I, or others go through the trouble of posting information or opinions you don't really want to read comments such as..'it's getting boring now..'we could speculate all day long'....'too much guessing going on' etc

Surely this is what the site/thread is about? What were you expecting to read?

I appriciate these comments may not be directed at me in particular (apology accepted) but I would guess others are perturbed by the negative and boorish tone to your posts
'and if you don't like it feck off'? 'WTF'? 'fck'? etc whats next??.......

'What evvver' ??? ' i'm the fecking daddy??

You obviously find the security of your PC a safe haven to vent your frustrations and anger.

Lighten up, all this negativaty is unnecessary..we all have bad days:icon_lol:

:icon_roll

I find the majority of the posts and topics both on here and Foxestalk very informative,amusing and all done in a light hearted manner.

However I find your continual dismissive comments demeaming (whoever they were aimed at)

When I, or others go through the trouble of posting information or opinions you don't really want to read comments such as..'it's getting boring now..'we could speculate all day long'....'too much guessing going on' etc

Surely this is what the site/thread is about? What were you expecting to read?

I appriciate these comments may not be directed at me in particular (apology accepted) but I would guess others are perturbed by the negative and boorish tone to your posts
'and if you don't like it feck off'? 'WTF'? 'fck'? etc whats next??.......

'What evvver' ??? ' i'm the fecking daddy??

You obviously find the security of your PC a safe haven to vent your frustrations and anger.

Lighten up, all this negativaty is unnecessary..we all have bad days:icon_lol:

What a cock !

I lost my shares, as did everyone not many like some, I know companies they bought from knowing at the time they were going under..criminal

I lost my shares, as did everyone not many like some, I know companies they bought from knowing at the time they were going under..criminal

They placed orders with me 3 weeks before they went under..... that really hurts. I got feck all back.I even offered to take a box for a game and knock one off against the other but they refused....

They placed orders with me 3 weeks before they went under..... that really hurts. I got feck all back.I even offered to take a box for a game and knock one off against the other but they refused....
Many were shafted then,
John Elsom, (the chairman who sucessfully sends us skint) following admin declares his love for Grimbsby Town and joins their board

I honestly do not know the motives of the current shareholders, time will tell. I think the training ground is the jewel in the crown of our current set-up, and I wouldn't want to see it sold by any regime. What concerns me is that unless there are binding agreements drawn up with MM ( and I don't see how they could be watertight anyway ), if things didn't go well, MM would sell the training ground to finance his losses. He then leaves, we have another rescue, and what are we left with - a stadium with a huge loan on it ( which we have now ) and no training ground. BTW, people talk about using Loughborough - they will charge us for that facility, which means less money for the team.

I think this is the type of issue which concerns those who need convincing of MM's intentions. With the current board and shareholders I think we can be sure that they would not simply sell assetts to fund losses (mainly because most of them are locals and life long fans who would fear the backlash of local people), wheras with MM I can't be so sure (what would stop him simply leaving the country and going somewhere else to escape the flak).

It seems to me that MM can buy our club for a minimal investment, run the club with borrowed money (to the club) and then if it all goes pear shaped recoup his innitial invetment through the sale of assetts. What we are then left with is a club in c.£30m debt and little or no assetts, which to me is a truly frightening prospect.

For those who think that I am being too pessimistic, most of my doubt comes from the fact that many clubs have tried and are currently trying to buy there way out of this division and have failed. Money is a great advantage in football but all to often doesn't help clubs live up to expectations.

Just looking at the document issued by the administrators, and in that the training ground was valued at £750,000. Maybe they've given it a lick of paint and cut the grass since then which has made it now apparently worth £17 million :icon_roll
Top find Jeff, club spin and bullshit, or over hyped melodrama from an excited shareholder :102:

Or is that now the real value :102:

Last edited:
I honestly do not know the motives of the current shareholders, time will tell. I think the training ground is the jewel in the crown of our current set-up, and I wouldn't want to see it sold by any regime. What concerns me is that unless there are binding agreements drawn up with MM ( and I don't see how they could be watertight anyway ), if things didn't go well, MM would sell the training ground to finance his losses. He then leaves, we have another rescue, and what are we left with - a stadium with a huge loan on it ( which we have now ) and no training ground. BTW, people talk about using Loughborough - they will charge us for that facility, which means less money for the team.

:038: :038:
Logical thinking + back on track.

I desperatly want MM on board, not just for his investment.

My biggest fear is that the current shareholders will not let go.

Some of them lost heavily with their last shares and will not want in the future to see an outsider make on their 'investment'

Some like Lineker want to keep some/all of their shares to be involved.

Others see the training facility as worth more than MM is putting in and he will get a ground worth around 30m for 15m .

The saving grace is that the club is only worth what people are prepared to pay...and there not (?) queuing up to buy

I'm told by 2 long standing shareholders thats is 50/50

Fingers crossed

Just looking at the document issued by the administrators, and in that the training ground was valued at £750,000. Maybe they've given it a lick of paint and cut the grass since then which has made it now apparently worth £17 million :icon_roll

Spot on Jeff, I wondered how it was suposed to be worth so much. People look at the whole site but often forget we dont own it all by any means.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570