Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were in administration did the board say to the creditors that were asking for £4.5 million, "here is £6 million we're feeling generous". No they offered the least amount possible to secure the deal, as what MM is doing.

MM is an egomaniac, he wants to feel the love and adulation we would bestow upon him if he came in. I think its highly unlikely he is here to asset strip us.

All the poor guy wants is to be loved.....

Whats all this talk about a takeove bid then? :102: :icon_wink

When we were in administration did the board say to the creditors that were asking for £4.5 million, "here is £6 million we're feeling generous". No they offered the least amount possible to secure the deal, as what MM is doing.

And some creditors were told to **** off and they would not see a penny in the pound...... ever!!!!!!!!

We are not sure if the board will recommend any particular action, just put the information in front of the shareholders for a decision.

Thats just wrong...............a board will recommend an action one way or another for the shareholders to vote on. They will not say you have to go along with it but there will be some sort of recommendation from the board. Otherwise whats the point in having a board?

I agree. The MM take-over is a double edged sword. If the deal is accepted and it all goes pear shaped the share-holders will still be blamed. If it doesn't go through and we will blame them anyway. The only way they won't get the final blame is if they stay - put money in - and we get promoted - that is their only hope of remaining blameless. .

Foxpodder

Why will they be blamed? They will have sold their shares on....
On the other hand what if it does work out, are we all going to chant the names of the shareholders who sold on to MM?

Not many people put money into a football club and get it back, let alone all of it.Here they have a chance to get their investment back and walk away from the club with their heads held high with all of the fans thanking them for what they have done.

Thats just wrong...............a board will recommend an action one way or another for the shareholders to vote on. They will not say you have to go along with it but there will be some sort of recommendation from the board. Otherwise whats the point in having a board?

Not sure about that. I think they could legitimately say " Here is all the information we have; the matter is finely balanced" and then let the shareholders make up their individual minds.

The sense I get is that this is not a board that wants to play too strong a role and recognises as well as anyone else that something needs to be done.

Isn't the dilemna that obviously MM needs to buy his way in for as little as possible - we all would do that - but on the otherhand at least offers us some hope for the future?

No one can be certain that things will get better under MM - but it looks more or less certain that the prospects for the club will only get worse without an intervention from a serious investor.

As for the FT - as far as I am concerned - their leaders' position - as far as it is intelligible - looks highly dubious in terms of the footballing interests of the club - which could be quite a different matter from any priority about their own 'influence'.

Not sure about that. I think they could legitimately say " Here is all the information we have; the matter is finely balanced" and then let the shareholders make up their individual minds.

The sense I get is that this is not a board that wants to play too strong a role and recognises as well as anyone else that something needs to be done.

No one can be certain that things will get better under MM - but it looks more or less certain that the prospects for the club will only get worse without an intervention from a serious investor.

The board at EGM's will always say "here are the facts and figures but our recommendations are................."
it is then up to the shareholder to then take or decline the advice, but a recommendation will be given.

So..

your post
Asking 'Tom if he's going on the train, or on the coach' is compelling reading?

The shit post that started this was the opinions of two major shareholders..I watched their lips move...the very same shareholders who's opinions will determing the future of the club....not drivel

WTF is your problem ?

If you read my 'Original' post:

I think it's fair to say theres too much guessing going on.

Which was posted before this post of yours:

Speaking (just) to two large (no not their size!) share holders they feel ..

QUOTE.. the club is worth more than the 7 million he has offered, the training ground alone is worth 17 million and they will not put more money in....

(they could of also said he's getting a 30m stadium for 15m)

.Read into that what you will

You will clearly see I had already said/commented on the fact that I thought there was too much guessing going on, and I then decided to post again:

We could specualte all day long. IMO it's getting boring now.

My original post / other post had fck all to do with what you had posted, but you have taken it upon yourself to presume that i was having a dig at you.

I suggest before you start posting drivel about me asking a friend what his travel arrangements are to a game (in an away game thread), you actually think next time.

And if ya don't like it .... FECK OFF !!!!

Last edited:
Why are people so concerned about what MM gets out of it, if he gets us into the prem he can sell us for as much as he wants. I dont care, the current board are taking us no where, at least with MM we will have a chance.

The current board alledge they saved the club and now the first opportunity they get of making money they want as much as they can get.

So it's OK for Mandy, but not for them. Double standards, I would suggest.

RS if you are so bothered about him making money out of the stadium, why dont you buy it then?
He will only make money on it when he has found someoneto buy it along with a clubplaying in it in the premiership. Good luck to him I say

It's OK for him to play the capitalist, but not them? Anyway, I know which of the two I would trust the future of my club with.

The board at EGM's will always say "here are the facts and figures but our recommendations are................."
it is then up to the shareholder to then take or decline the advice, but a recommendation will be given.

Not necessarily - the have three choices, recommend, not recommend, or say, it's up to you boys and girls. The club is not a publicly quoted company where there are literally thousands of shareholders who might need pointing in the right direction. For many of our present shareholders, this might come down to an emotional rather than financial decision, and if the board think the matter is finely balanced, they have every right to put the decision to the shareholders without making a recommendation themselves. I am sure individual members of the board will make their feelings known one way or another at the EGM.

Last edited:
im not having a go at anyone here but what other person has come forward and offerd to get us back to the prem :102:

But what happens when he doesn't get us there - that's what is concerning me. An extra £5 million is no guarantee at all - look at Southampton.

Back to the training ground...

17m does seem steep but it would be a lot of dough.

The club have had the TG for 50 years

On the moan-in Birch did'nt know if they own it or not + he's there every day (they do)

They needed to get money quick during the administration, selling it would of been a slow process

I work at the Uni, the club have used the facilitys a lot, these were used more than the TG under Levein and are still used.

Birch sang the praises of the Uni facilities saying the TG was getting a bit shabby

Selling them would be bad IMO family silver and all that

I just got the feeling from the S/Holder (not one of the new bunch) i spoke to that
'johnny foreigner comes in, pays 7m gets the club lock, stock..and the training grounds worth more than that alone'
(Get 200k for house and the gardens worth 500k for developent scenario)

Just worried more may feel that way and hold on

But what happens when he doesn't get us there - that's what is concerning me. An extra £5 million is no guarantee at all - look at Southampton.

just look how long it took Pompey to get up think it was 5 years ,they where a far weaker team than we have at city at the time i think that £5 million spent on the right players would get us back I'm not saying this season but it would be nice :icon_wink

and my point was that on one has come forward and put any offer on the table apart from MM .

yes there are people say we are will to put an offer in but as of yet they have not ,if you look back over time alot of clubs have had money put forward then all at once you start hearing of offers that are showing an interest but that could be down to the PR wagon ,until they come forward with an offer they can not be counted IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669