Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people so concerned about what MM gets out of it, if he gets us into the prem he can sell us for as much as he wants. I dont care, the current board are taking us no where, at least with MM we will have a chance.

The current board alledge they saved the club and now the first opportunity they get of making money they want as much as they can get.

I think most would agree.

There are still a lot of people who think the s/h should not worry about what they will get, for the good of the club etc

Just thinking how the sharehoders may think, stadium 15m ..sells for 30m??

This is wy i'm worried they will all wedge in upto an extra 5m to keep hold of the club, this is not what we want..worrying

.........and part of the saleable assets will be the ground that cost £30 million to build, and I would think he would hope to get, err, £30 million for the stadium element of the sale price.
RS if you are so bothered about him making money out of the stadium, why dont you buy it then?
He will only make money on it when he has found someoneto buy it along with a clubplaying in it in the premiership. Good luck to him I say

I think most would agree.

There are still a lot of people who think the s/h should not worry about what they will get, for the good of the club etc

Just thinking how the sharehoders may think, stadium 15m ..sells for 30m??

This is wy i'm worried they will all wedge in upto an extra 5m to keep hold of the club, this is not what we want..worrying

The shareholders know the solution, buy the stadium and also invest in the team ..... then later when we are in the premiership sell it on.... simple.

The shareholders know the solution, buy the stadium and also invest in the team ..... then later when we are in the premiership sell it on.... simple.

Financially that is the solution.

Like most I don't give a monkeys who owns the ground

I just hope the board and shareholders wil let us change and not hold us to ransom

The reason we are all exited about the possible MM takeover is because e has got so much footballing nouse...something the club has been lacking for years

We won't go into the prem without that, money alone is no good

and IMO thats exactly how he should be working, He isnt in the business of ruining the club its not in his best interests FFS. Lets get him in and sort this mess out ASAP.

Are you at all concerned by his refusal to rule out ground sharing, if it is in our best interests?

Speaking (just) to two large (no not their size!) share holders they feel ..

QUOTE.. the club is worth more than the 7 million he has offered, the training ground alone is worth 17 million and they will not put more money in....

(they could of also said he's getting a 30m stadium for 15m)

.Read into that what you will
Shocked at this statement. If the training ground is worth 17 million how much did they pay for it?, Greed

If the training ground is worth this much money, I would advise the board to sell it, lease Hinckleys Ground, Viccy Park or similair for 2 hours a day and invest 15 million into the stadium. The other 2 million could be put towards transfer fees, and the money saved from the rent on the ground could also be used to bolster the squad (As we keep getting told).

It's a no brainer, surely. Who needs a 17 million training facility when they are struggling to stay afloat

It's simple, who needs Milan Mandaric?

Last edited:
Are you at all concerned by his refusal to rule out ground sharing, if it is in our best interests?

Provided that LCFC has primacy over the ground and ground maintenance can handle the extra wear and tear, then it's the obvious way to go. On the latter, those of us who are seriously old can remember that soccer pitches were more or less wrecked by December and yet these days, it seems pitches can be re-layed about every five minutes, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

What is coming out of all this is that people - in the main -sense that the MM proposal represents a bit of real hope for a club that is slowly dying on it's feet. If the doubters and wreckers get their way, then I am sure that their will be bitter regret down the line.

Shocked at this statement. If the training ground is worth 17 million how much did they pay for it?, Greed

If the training ground is worth this much money, I would advise the board to sell it, lease Hinckleys Ground, Viccy Park or similair for 2 hours a day and invest 15 million into the stadium. The other 2 million could be put towards transfer fees, and the money saved from the rent on the ground could also be used to bolster the squad (As we keep getting told).

It's a no brainer, surely. Who needs a 17 million training facility when they are struggling to stay afloat

It's simple, who needs Milan Mandaric?

Thats what I thought, £17M?? Get it sld tomorrow.

why not train at the stadium-if the training ground is worth that much(surely it can't be must have misheard) then we could use money to invest in the playing surface so we could train there aswell as play

I must admit I don't see the great deal that MM has put on the table.

He's put some money forward to buy the club's shares, and thats it.

There's nothing to say he'll buy the stadium back, nothing to say he'll give RK any money, nothing to say he's going to do much else.

Just cause he's done well at Pompey (albeit with a few mistakes on the way) doesn't mean he's guarenteed to do the same here and if it goes wrong (and it might) the club would be fecked if he walked away.

Should the club only change ownership then if there is garuantuees?

if yes I will garantuee one thing, we will never change ownership you deluded if you think they exist in football.

why not train at the stadium-if the training ground is worth that much(surely it can't be must have misheard) then we could use money to invest in the playing surface so we could train there aswell as play

No thats what they said..

Must admit seems a lot, but would'nt be far off it..vast area prime housing site with various points of easy access + they have now got the old ymca ground for the acadamy

selling it for houses was looked at years ago, the locals not too chuffed

birch also said on the moan in that they recently looked at relocating...possibly extend the use of Lough uni

Restructuring existing loans isn't borrowing any more so the club are in no way more unstable or not.

I've just restructured my mortgage so I pay less, it doesn't mean I'm now in greater danger of anything.

On that analogy, I'd rather restructure my mortgage with existing lenders rather than let a bloke i've never met before, pay it off with a loan of his own only for me to have to pay him anyway.

I assume you mean by refinancing like doing what advisors tell people to avoid, agreeing to pay a debt off with smaller payments over a longer period freeing up cashflow.

There is of course one problem, it is paid for longer with overall more interest.

Should the club only change ownership then if there is garuantuees?

if yes I will garantuee one thing, we will never change ownership you deluded if you think they exist in football.

You seem bizarrely deluded. Guarantees may not be possible in football - as in gaining promotion etc. - but they are entirely possible over thing like loan terms and conditions.

I assume you mean by refinancing like doing what advisors tell people to avoid, agreeing to pay a debt off with smaller payments over a longer period freeing up cashflow.

There is of course one problem, it is paid for longer with overall more interest.

Not necessarily. You could shift the loan to Euro-based finance, which reduces the repayment without increasing the length of the the loan but does increase currency risk.

What irks me is the fact the board only consider digging deep when there is a real risk of them losing their position.

Why haven't they been trying to restructure debt and investing more money earlier.

Just been trying to make some sense of this thread.

My thoughts (for what they are worth) are that the time has come for a change. I personally think that the current board have done a great job, we were after all up to our nether regions in poo before they stepped in. They've stabilised the club, cut the wage bill and got rid of Adam's pensioner army. They are however too wrapped up in the past because that's what they've had to deal with and because of that I don't think that they are the best equipped people to give the club the vision and new direction that it needs.

Having said that, I have grave misgivings about MM. I don't think that his record at Pompey was that fantastic. Harry Redknapp gave them their success but I suppose you have to give MM credit for appointing him. He than forced HR out by appointing a director of football, never a clever move, but he had the humility to swallow his pride and reappoint him. It was though, Gaydamak's money that kept them in the Prem last season. I also don't like his mercenary nature. I couldn't stop supporting Leicester this week and start supporting Portsmouth by Christmas, and yet it seems that he can manage it the other way round.

I would be happier if we had a clearer idea of the nature of MM's bid. Those who say that it will be alright because if we get in the Prem then there will be plenty of money for everybody have not really been following the nature of football finances ovetr recent years. Accepting loans from MM could leave us as deep in the s**t as we were before. Is he insisting on buying the shareholders out or is it the other way round, because I would be happier if he put equity into the club in order to obtain a controlling interest, less risk for LCFC, more for MM. Alternatively he could offer interest free, unsecured loans but somehow I don't think he will.

On a more positive note I think that the higher profile he will give the club could be good for attracting players because we badly need to bring in a better quality of player than we have recently. We have a good bunch of youngsters but they will develop so much better if they can be fed in to a succesful team rather than one struggling in the lower reaches of the Championship.

I hope he gets the club because at the moment I think he's the best hope we've got if we have any ambition, but it is a huge risk with no guarantee of success, there never is in football.

Feck that why didnt they just move to Loughborough Uni 3 years ago and flog the fecking training ground for the *cough* 17m *cough*they believe it is worth, then who knows we might not be in dire need of financial investment. Funny how all of a sudden the clubs assets are now sky high in value, when in truth it probably worth tuppence H'apenny :icon_lol:

Just been trying to make some sense of this thread.

My thoughts (for what they are worth) are that the time has come for a change. I personally think that the current board have done a great job, we were after all up to our nether regions in poo before they stepped in. They've stabilised the club, cut the wage bill and got rid of Adam's pensioner army. They are however too wrapped up in the past because that's what they've had to deal with and because of that I don't think that they are the best equipped people to give the club the vision and new direction that it needs.

Having said that, I have grave misgivings about MM. I don't think that his record at Pompey was that fantastic. Harry Redknapp gave them their success but I suppose you have to give MM credit for appointing him. He than forced HR out by appointing a director of football, never a clever move, but he had the humility to swallow his pride and reappoint him. It was though, Gaydamak's money that kept them in the Prem last season. I also don't like his mercenary nature. I couldn't stop supporting Leicester this week and start supporting Portsmouth by Christmas, and yet it seems that he can manage it the other way round.

I would be happier if we had a clearer idea of the nature of MM's bid. Those who say that it will be alright because if we get in the Prem then there will be plenty of money for everybody have not really been following the nature of football finances ovetr recent years. Accepting loans from MM could leave us as deep in the s**t as we were before. Is he insisting on buying the shareholders out or is it the other way round, because I would be happier if he put equity into the club in order to obtain a controlling interest, less risk for LCFC, more for MM. Alternatively he could offer interest free, unsecured loans but somehow I don't think he will.

On a more positive note I think that the higher profile he will give the club could be good for attracting players because we badly need to bring in a better quality of player than we have recently. We have a good bunch of youngsters but they will develop so much better if they can be fed in to a succesful team rather than one struggling in the lower reaches of the Championship.

I hope he gets the club because at the moment I think he's the best hope we've got if we have any ambition, but it is a huge risk with no guarantee of success, there never is in football.

Never fear NN Fox all this time it appeared we didn't have a pot to piss in but just for a bit of a laugh the board had this fantastic training facility tucked away for a rainy day, all the mediocrity we have endured over the past 3 years and those cheeky pranksters had a pot of gold all the time.............TNBD is Jeremy fecking Beadle, we have all been had, hook, line and sinker :icon_lol:

Feck that why didnt they just move to Loughborough Uni 3 years ago and flog the fecking training ground for the *cough* 17m *cough*they believe it is worth, then who knows we might not be in dire need of financial investment. Funny how all of a sudden the clubs assets are now sky high in value, when in truth it probably worth tuppence H'apenny :icon_lol:

it aint worth anywhere near 17million that for certain

I agree. The MM take-over is a double edged sword. If the deal is accepted and it all goes pear shaped the share-holders will still be blamed. If it doesn't go through and we will blame them anyway. The only way they won't get the final blame is if they stay - put money in - and we get promoted - that is their only hope of remaining blameless.

I have mixed feelings ... all I can say is that I am glad I don't have to make the choice next Saturday. IOts a case of damned if they don't and maybe damned if they do.

Foxpodder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670