Talking Balls Awards Shambles 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's time for the Most Improved Poster award, and we have seven nominees!

With one vote each, Rich_B, David Gwilliam, Hazzman and lanxfox jnr :038:

In joint second, with two each, Kingy85 and Boy Genius (post ban) :038:

And your most improved poster of 2011, with three votes... a second award of the night for...

Profondo Rosso :038:

Some people make us laugh. Others bore us while trying to make us laugh. There are some funny people on Talking Balls, something we should all appreciate.

In joint fourth place, with one vote each, are lazzer, alex, Joe_Fox and Blue Maniac :102:

In third, with two votes, MK Fox :038:

In second, with three votes... Mawsley :038:

But with four votes, your Comedian of the Year 2011... and quite right too I might add...

homer :038::038::038:

Last edited:
Now for the Poster of the Year.

In joint fourth place, with one vote each... Profondo Rosso, LeeCovFox, bocadillo, pork pie fox and Joe_Fox :038:

In third place, with two votes... Blue Maniac :017:

[What the ****? Are you sure you counted right? Definitely? Jesus. What are these people drinking?]

And your joint winners, with three votes each...

homer and David Gwilliam :038::038::038:

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. It's time for the **** OF THE YEAR AWARD!!! So many people have worked so hard to be considered for this. It's the most prestigious prize given out in this total nonsense. So without further ado, let's reveal the results.

In joint fifth place, with one vote apiece, Macky, Lako42, Mawsley and Profondo Rosso :038:

In joint second, with two each, SuperScout, Boy Genius and Blue Maniac :038:

And now, ladies and gentlemen, your **** of the Year, with four votes...

Steven :038::038::038:

That wraps up this utter shambles for at least another year, hopefully longer. Please help yourselves to any remaining food on the buffet. It'll only get fed to my cat otherwise. Drinks will be served until 6am, there'll be music and dancing shortly. Have a good night TBers :038:

I always thought Post of the Year was going to be difficult, and so it proved. There is no outright winner of this award, but the following got one vote each:

Homer's fake press announcement
Homer calling someone an idiot
"I love tits" by alex
Macky abusefest (any)
lanxfox jnr's "Black man" post in the Doncaster post-match thread :038:

Sorry I was going to vote but got involved with a family discussion so did not get chance to vote before the deadline.
One vote I had decided on was Homer's fake announcement. So in my eyes Homer wins that one as well.

And with three votes, the winner of the Knowitall of the Year award 2011... Jeff :038:

From Wikipedia: "A know-it-all or know-all is a person who believes that he/she has an accurate comprehension of a topic and/or situation when in reality, his/her comprehension is inaccurate and limited. "

So that must mean I'm the top poster and everyone loves me.

From Wikipedia: "A know-it-all or know-all is a person who believes that he/she has an accurate comprehension of a topic and/or situation when in reality, his/her comprehension is inaccurate and limited. "

:icon_lol:

I love you Jeff in a very rigid and manly way.
This is of course not in any way sexual, so please don't send me any more text messages.

WOW! I'm amazed I got two joint fourth places and in good categories too - thanks whoever voted for me!
And not a sniff of the _Fox in the turd categories. I'm very happy with how I did.

I've got enough awards to be honest so didn't want any more cluttering up my vMantle piece.
Well done to the winners and well done bm for doing the awards. I preferred them when they were called the TABAPS though.

These awards are on too late at night these days, it's a shame we have to pander to the American TV audience so much.

Does this mean we can now use the term '****' when referring to Steven as it is using his official title and not abusing him?

So apparently people see becoming more annoying as an improvement.

I shall remember this for next year. :icon_lol:

To be fair I never saw this as anything other than a consolidation year after the magnificent performance last season where I lifted the Best Newcomer trophy. I'm delighted to have performed so well across the board with strong flourishes in many difficult categories. I firmly believe that with a redoubling of efforts I can pick up at least one of those next year, especially with Superscout being banned; the Moron title looks very achievable.

Although trophies may come and go it is of course it is very touching to have received this recognition from everyone who voted for me and I hope that I can continue to be your biggest moron, most annoying, comedic, most miserable, ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00