Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah those poor Man City fans with their Premier League titles and their Champions League nights and watching the likes of Silva and Aguerro.

I'd hate to be them.

We "could" have had something special.

We "could" still have something special.

*replying to unfounded speculative bollocks alert*

Do you really think the board took the decision to sack Pearson thinking the fans wouldn't react? If the Austin rumour is true, and the sources for it would indicate it probably is, then I would suggest, as other people have, he was on a list already, and the sacking of NP had little to do with it.
It all makes me wonder what Nigel Pearson was here for. Other than abusing journalists, fans and other teams players, all he seemed to do here was provide his feckless son with a job. Everything else seemed to have been done by someone else...
Surely if Pearson wasn't signing players, he's not responsible for James being here?

Yeah those poor Man City fans with their Premier League titles and their Champions League nights and watching the likes of Silva and Aguerro.

I'd hate to be them.

I would hate to be them too. Glad you agree. :D

Look, I'm not adverse to success. It would be amazing to win titles and be in Europe but I don't see all that much fun with some rich dude coming alone and buying everyone and everything to do it. Which is why over the last three years I've enjoyed watching us play. We've built a side, not through money solely but through the academy, by buying players who are hungry and young or veterans who have something to prove.

Man Utd spend money and win titles but they've been doing that for many years. As have Liverpool - before the world''s richest came along and just started throwing money left right and centre.

Football is changing and business is more important than the sport. Will I be cheering when we win the Europa League? Of course. But it's not the same as when for example MON got us to Europe. Another season with MON back then would've seen even further progress IMO.

I'm gonna be ecstatic if we move forward but the feeling isn't the same when you've chucked as much money as possible to do it.

I'm guessing our wage structure is going to be torn to pieces.

I read last week that we were willing to match Bakery Sako's wages of 50k per week.

tbf, with the new tv contracts, that kind of contract is probably going to become pretty common place.

Having moaned about it, I do think Austin is an excellent player

£15 million would be a lot to pay, but right now they do have an awful lot of blue mongies to appease

£15m? Pay it. I was reading a story that the hidden reason behind Pearson getting the boot is his strict wage cape limit, they also speculate Pearson was unwilling to bid over £10m with any player. This is obviously all in the interests of squad unity etc but obviously our owners and board disagree. It's definitely plausible now that we are chucking out bids of £12m each on Kante and Austin. Our owners definitely seem to have the ambition.

Why?
Until we know the outcome, how can it be judged.
Why can't we do a Man City?
alas, it's so much easier for some to be negative.

I was making reference to the concept of spending large sums of money with no guarantee of outcome. There is no reason why we can't become the next Man City.

To my knowledge, there is no example of a manager-less team spending big in pre-season and going on from surviving relegation to qualifying for the Champions League. Of course, this could be my negative outlook or, some might say, a reasoned position based on evidence that spending big far from guarantees success in our situation.

Moreover, some might say that throwing money at player acquisitions who might not feature in the new boss' game plan is a fools mission of utter stupidity. But then it's easy for me to be negative, I was one of the handful who kept faith with Pearson throughout so I do have form for it.

I was making reference to the concept of spending large sums of money with no guarantee of outcome. There is no reason why we can't become the next Man City.

To my knowledge, there is no example of a manager-less team spending big in pre-season and going on from surviving relegation to qualifying for the Champions League. Of course, this could be my negative outlook or, some might say, a reasoned position based on evidence that spending big far from guarantees success in our situation.

Moreover, some might say that throwing money at player acquisitions who might not feature in the new boss' game plan is a fools mission of utter stupidity. But then it's easy for me to be negative, I was one of the handful who kept faith with Pearson throughout so I do have form for it.
All very well, but none of us really know what's going on behind the scenes at the KP.

Any new manager who thought 'Charlie Austin is crap. He will not be used in my squad', is not going to endear himself to the owners, the whole scouting team or the fans.

Who would not want Charlie Austin? Even Chelsea want to buy him and park him on their bench so he cannot score goals against them!

I wonder why we haven't increased the Austin bid by the small change extra QPR are asking, maybe we are worried it will be accepted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669