Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we should be looking at young loan players, particularly those who played in the championship last year and hardly set it alight. I would be happier with a couple of the young French midfielders.

Well everyone would be happier if they had couple of young frenchmen knocking about the place.....

Not sure we should be looking at young loan players

Ake's age means he wouldn't take one of our 25 squad places. I think we used under-21 players less than any other Premier League team last season.
If our home grown players aren't good enough for the first team there's no harm bringing young players in from other clubs.

I think we've only got two places left in the squad of 25. A few more signings and some players will have to be left out/loaned/sold.

I hope that it is just unfounded rumour that we seem to be being linked with loan players, rather than full signings. There are, so often, clauses as to regularity of appearance, etc. with loan players and, of course, enforced changes when we play their parent club.

There are, so often, clauses as to regularity of appearance, etc. with loan players

Erm...that's just not true. V few loan contracts have contractual appearance levels, although fees paid are sometimes linked to appearances.

And if we can get someone in who is better than the players we can sign, why shouldn't we loan them. Or would we not like someone like Lukaku, for example, here.

We need strengthening.

Definitely need strengthening in the midfield, I would like to see another CB too. We've only bought in Huth in three transfer windows. Still not strengthened enough here and it was a problem area in the last pre-season. F- for effort.

todays midfielder rumour Jorden Veretout 22yo Nantes player, rumoured to be joining us for £6million (not ideal source ie Sun newspaper), however good pedigree and a player likely to be known by CR imo, better option than loans

Being linked with almost as many midfielders as we were managers!

I think we'll see some new faces this week.

Still being linked with another bid for Charlie Austin. Strikers aren't a priority but I hope that one comes off.

Two centre mids and another centre back the priority for me.

me too graz, a lot of money but guaranteed goals and a possible high calibre signing seemingly within our grasp and an opportunity we should grab

If Austin was to sign, which I doubt, then we need to let Nuge or one of the others go.

Midfield should most certainly be our man priority, with action sooner rather than later .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669