Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another striker?

From SkySports "
Sky sources understand four Premier League clubs have made enquiries about Sporting Lisbon striker Islam Slimani.

West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom and Leicester are understood to be interested in the 27-year old Algeria international, who would cost in the region of £7m.

New Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri is thought to be keen on the player, while David Moyes’ Real Sociedad have also expressed an interest. However, sources close to the forward, who was close to a move to Swansea earlier this summer, say he has a strong desire to play in the Premier League."

Another striker?

From SkySports "
Sky sources understand four Premier League clubs have made enquiries about Sporting Lisbon striker Islam Slimani.

West Ham, Newcastle, West Brom and Leicester are understood to be interested in the 27-year old Algeria international, who would cost in the region of £7m.

New Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri is thought to be keen on the player, while David Moyes’ Real Sociedad have also expressed an interest. However, sources close to the forward, who was close to a move to Swansea earlier this summer, say he has a strong desire to play in the Premier League."

How long have we apparently been chasing Islam Slimani for now?! His name seems to come up all the time.

He is just around the corner.

OK you didn't like that one, how about this just in (BBC)? :)

_84280036_gsdf.jpg

Getty Images
Leicester City transfer target N'Golo Kante has told a French radio station the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as manager is an "important element" to his decision whether to leave Caen for the Premier League.

Talks have been rumbling on for the past few weeks, with Caen suggesting that Leicester were close to a deal having offered more than Marseille. However, although the trail has gone cold, some kind of conclusion is expected in the near future.

Positive or negative "important element" ? Hopefully he hasn't been reading Homer's postings about Ranieri.

More:
hope this matter gets sorted'
Football

Posted at11:03
We mentioned earlier (09:09 BST) that Leicester City transfer target N'Golo Kante has been speaking to a French radio station about his future.

Kante currently plays for Caen but is a target for both Leicester and Marseille.

_84283961_g.jpg

Getty Images
"For now anyway I am in Caen. But we will try to resolve the situation with the club and my agents, and I hope this matter gets sorted," Kante said.

"I am in talks with several clubs, and I will make my choice later - today nothing is decided."

Asked if the arrival of Claudio Ranieri was likely to change his state of mind, Kante replied: "It's already something important that they have a coach now, and a few days ago I didn't know what Leicester was like, as there was no coach. Today, for sure, it's an important factor."

Kante replied: "It's already something important that they have a coach now, and a few days ago I didn't know what Leicester was like, as there was no coach. Today, for sure, it's an important factor."

I'm hoping something was lost in translation and he's not that stupid.

From his agent:

What do you think is going to happen next?

I hope that Marcel goes to Leicester. Today, that is his number one wish. Ranieri knows him very well, it is he who gave Marcel his first chance in Ligue 1, he acted like Marcel’s father when he was just starting out. Marcel has kept very good memories from his time with Ranieri and it would be a pleasure to work with him again.

Bloody clown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670