The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest players we're being linked to are more likely to be first choice players, not cover.
And it is the defence that is the weak link in the team at the moment, so it would make sense to strengthen that area first.

We've also been linked to midfielders and strikers so things can still happen in those areas. But you have to remember the limit on loan players in the matchday squad so there's no point signing players on loan if playing them could weaken other parts of the team because we have to drop someone else.

I agree, why would any team loan us players to sit on our bench or play in our practice matches and why would we bother taking them on loan for this?

Ok, Bert FT is quick and spot on (do you mean good positioning?), but I much prefer the solution to get in Van Aanholt instead of the untried Bert FT

Can Bert play left back? That's what we all want to know

What are the rules on how many loan players are allowed in a squad? Surprised this hasn't been asked already.

Last edited:
We've got Naughton, Yakubu and Vitor currently i think. Davies and VA would make it 5. I think there's limits for UK loanees and ones from Europe.....but 5 doesn't take us over the limit (i think Moreno is going out on loan isn't he - which is the best place for him).

we've got more players out on loan than we have in - so i think it's just the way league football is going when actuall transfer cash is thin on the ground.

As an aside - i think we've got a strong chance of signing all those players if we achieve promotion, other than Van Aanholt.

Is it not that you can have 5 in your squad, but only 4 on the pitch at any one time? Or have I invented that one?

5 in a squad. No ones sure if Vitor counts.

Vitor definitely doesn't count. I've had a conversation with the football secretary at the football club on the subject - I could dig out his confirming email if you're really bothered. The point is that Vitor is not 'on loan' in the usual sense of the word; he is fully contracted to the club for this season.

And just to be absolutely clear - it's not 5 in the squad - it's 5 on a match-day team-sheet. (You may have meant that but I wanted to make it clear). We could have more loanees at the club if we wanted but only 5 of them could be used in a single game.

Last edited:
So we are at our limit if Mee makes the squad then?

EDIT. Providing Davies and Van Aanholt sign

Last edited:
we've got more players out on loan than we have in

We've only got 4 out on loan, so it doesn't look as though that situation will last much longer.

Does Bert know when Fryatt and Tunch will be back?

Anybody who listened to Birch on the moan-in last night will have got the impression that Tunchev is a long way from any kind of fitness.

Anybody who listened to Birch on the moan-in last night will have got the impression that Tunchev is a long way from any kind of fitness.

I seriously doubt that Tunch will ever play again (certainly not in this country), it's a shame because he had talent.

I seriously doubt that Tunch will ever play again

That is exactly what I believe Birch was skirting around. I absolutely agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669