The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
n'guessan isnt an international is he, seems an odd comparison. n'guessan wasnt even particularly good in league 1

n'guessan isnt an international is he, seems an odd comparison. n'guessan wasnt even particularly good in league 1

Fair enough about N'Guessen, but there are plenty of internationals out there who aren't that great. I'm not saying he won't be great, I just hope people aren't hoping for too much from him.

Those early games Tunch played for us, he was easily the best player on the field. Calm, collected, aware of the game, excellent distribution. The only player I have seen play as well in that position for us since has been Curtis Davies.

I am reserving judgement on Sol for a few more games. Sol looks amazing, but too clumsy and gangly to get away with the level of control that he has. That second goal for instance, when he stuck his foot right out and about 5 feet up in the air, poked it over the goalie and in the corner. That should not have gone in. I swear most strikers, if they could have reached it, would have put it 10 rows back behind the goal.

I am reserving judgement on Sol for a few more games. Sol looks amazing, but too clumsy and gangly to get away with the level of control that he has. That second goal for instance, when he stuck his foot right out and about 5 feet up in the air, poked it over the goalie and in the corner. That should not have gone in. I swear most strikers, if they could have reached it, would have put it 10 rows back behind the goal.

I've said elsewhere that my wife reckons he has lucky rubber legs.

I think I believe her.

I've said elsewhere that my wife reckons he has lucky rubber legs.

I think I believe her.

I'd like to go along with that except I can't get the image of Junior Lewis out of my mind when I read 'lucky rubber legs'.

Bamba has yet to do a single thing to make me believe he is anything other than a superb centre half. I think he looks calm and confident where you think he is clumsy and gangly.

Bamba did a pirouette and a back heel to rob Tevez of the ball at Eastlands. Someone who is 6'3" and 14+ stone does not normally exhibit such a fine level of control as a centre back. I am amazed and greatful and in awe quite frankly.

Maybe I have not adjusted from a time when Wayne Brown was our best centre back!

I'd like to go along with that except I can't get the image of Junior Lewis out of my mind when I read 'lucky rubber legs'.

Junior Lewis may have had rubber legs but they certainly weren't lucky!

Bnet on Bentley's claiming that there was a spanish goalkeeper at the training ground today, along with Davies and Van the man.

Bnet on Bentley's claiming that there was a spanish goalkeeper at the training ground today, along with Davies and Van the man.

Must be a bit of an Old Old Woodstock by now, might be a bit over the Rolling Hills. He still has Beautiful Vision but is a bit of a Slim Slow Slider when the opposition attack Come Running and I'm not sure he'll stand up to the Cold Wind in August. It's All in the Game though.

Must be a bit of an Old Old Woodstock by now, might be a bit over the Rolling Hills. He still has Beautiful Vision but is a bit of a Slim Slow Slider when the opposition attack Come Running and I'm not sure he'll stand up to the Cold Wind in August. It's All in the Game though.

Nah, he's past it, a regular at Domino's now so I'm told.

Nah, he's past it, a regular at Domino's now so I'm told.

The pizza place or the place where pre-releases of the footage of his canonization can be seen? :icon_wink

I saw something this morning about Robbie Keane (but now can't remember where), saying his chances of a move to a Premier League team are fading, and he is set to miss out on Spurs' League and European squads for the second half of the season.

If that happens, I'd imagine he'll be far more open to coming here? Surely beats knowing that you're going to play another game this season.

Last edited:
Where's all the fecking players? I expected at least 8 new signings today by now! Rawr!

Come on Sven, get that Messi deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570