The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does Bent to Villa make a Heskey move to us more likely? He would certainly play the Howard role a lot better than Howard, and be one you would be happy to move up to the Prem with.

Why do we need someone to play in the "Howard role" though? :102:

Last edited:
It is called having a different attacking option depending on the opposition. How many times did we moan at Pearson et al for doing like for like substitutions that changed nothing?

It is called having a different attacking option depending on the opposition. How many times did we moan at Pearson et al for doing like for like substitutions that changed nothing?

I never moaned at Pearson for such things. Pearson regularly brought on Howard as a different option and it rarely changed anything, all that happened is our side proceeded to hoof the ball towards Howard and he lost possession.

Bringing someone on the wages Heskey is on in because he is a different attacking option (and I really fail to see what he would add to the side that Yakubu doesn't) seems worthless to me. We will end up with several big money strikers sitting on the bench and never getting a game a la Spurs.

Last edited:
I never moaned at Pearson for such things. Pearson regularly brought on Howard as a different option and it rarely changed anything, all that happened is our side proceeded to hoof the ball towards Howard and he lost possession.

Bringing someone on the wages Heskey is on in because he is a different attacking option (and I really fail to see what he would add to the side that Yakubu doesn't) seems worthless to me. We will end up with several big money strikers sitting on the bench and never getting a game a la Spurs.

So what do we do if Yakubu and/or Vassell are injured?

So what do we do if Yakubu and/or Vassell are injured?

So you'd happily waste well over a million pounds on a player to be brought in on loan for half a season, as they give us a "different attacking option" if one of the other people also giving that option gets injured? :102:

If some tw*t in the Millwall team, god forbid, breaks Yakubu's leg on Saturday we will still be paying him £750,000 for the next 4 months and no backup.

Where is Shay Given then?

Have I ever mentioned skybet is a ****ing farce? (except for Chris Powell apparently)

The last time I looked their odds on him coming here were 5/4.

If that reflects the actual chance of him coming, it means they think there's a less than 50% chance of it happening. So they've been right so far.

I think realistically based on the team's performance I would be adverse to Given arriving. I would much rather see the money spent on a proven left back and center back. Hobbs & Berner got caught out ball watching quite a lot and reminded me of the "rabbit in the headlights" of the multimillions on show. Naughton as usual had a good game and Bamba seems like a quality find however for far two long now we've missed an Elliott or Taggart to manage the defence. Given is a quality keeper however so can Weale aspire to with some cover from his back four.:icon_wink

You are right on the backup but would expect we have insurance to cover his wages

Notwithstanding the fact that he would go back to Everton and back onto their wage bill, it's a long time since we've had any insurance of this kind. Injuries go with the job and the premiums are too expensive. This would be the case at most clubs; they just stand the loss.

Totally unfounded this one but Chimbonda was released yesterday. I reckon if we got him match fit he would be worth a punt for the rest of the season at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669