Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have a lumping great carthorse who incredibly has been appointed club captain, a duffer who's good one week and shit the next and is now out injured for eight weeks, and an injury prone fella who hasn't played a single minute of pre- season. The other supposedly versatile player we have brought in won't get the opportunity to display his versatility as he will be wholly concentrating on playing right back, as we have sold our only other player in that position. And don't let's talk about back up options, because there aren't any

Defensive signings over the next week or we are completely knackered

My sentiments exactly. I'm hardly a Pearson hater but sweet Jebus there isn't much to look at in the back four. If you can't get Mills and Bamba to play for you fine, sell them. But get their replacements lined up.

Defence does look light in numbers. Will Kennedy be 2nd choice left back again?

We need another right back option obviously and another centre back... but I think we'll just get one who can cover both.

What happened with the Sheff Utd defender we were trying to sign? Maguire?

It was in such a similar situation that Pearson augmented the squad with the dazzling talents of Robbie Neilson.

Beckford still leaving?

I doubt Pearson's invited him to stay based on 2 goals against Nuneaton.

It was more the game time and selection in the last 3 friendlies that has me questioning the rumours of him leaving.

The constant denial from his agent and the look of absolute delight on the blokes face in every single picture you see of him also points to people on Twitter spouting shite.

But that's just my opinion.

my opinion too Lako (fingers crossed)

Would seem a bit strange playing him so much in nothing pre-season friendlies and risking an injury if he is on the way out, I'm not sure that all that many top scouts are attending these games and it's fairly obvious that Beckford is fit enough.

Now we have a lumping great carthorse who incredibly has been appointed club captain, a duffer who's good one week and shit the next and is now out injured for eight weeks, and an injury prone fella who hasn't played a single minute of pre- season. The other supposedly versatile player we have brought in won't get the opportunity to display his versatility as he will be wholly concentrating on playing right back, as we have sold our only other player in that position. And don't let's talk about back up options, because there aren't any

Defensive signings over the next week or we are completely knackered
My sentiments exactly. I'm hardly a Pearson hater but sweet Jebus there isn't much to look at in the back four. If you can't get Mills and Bamba to play for you fine, sell them. But get their replacements lined up.
0,,10274~9962941,00.jpg

My blind friend uses Twitter so it is possible to hear tweets.

In all honesty, I'd be surprised if it was accurate (not that I'd not believe it, I'd just be surprised). Most of the screen/text reader software I have used in the past would struggle with the majority of the shrtned wrds and gr8 alternatives that some people use on Twitter. Do they have problems with this, or is it more advanced now?

Last edited:
In all honesty, I'd be surprised if it was accurate (not that I'd not believe it, I'd just be surprised). Most of the screen/text reader software I have used in the past would struggle with the majority of the shrtned wrds and gr8 alternatives that some people use on Twitter. Do they have problems with this, or is it more advanced now?

The guy I know that uses it seems to communicate fine on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69