The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to go back to the 7 players told to find clubs there is a different list doing the rounds this one includes SSL, Danns, Beckford, Wellens, Waghorn, Whitbread and Vardy!

Just to go back to the 7 players told to find clubs there is a different list doing the rounds this one includes SSL, Danns, Beckford, Wellens, Waghorn, Whitbread and Vardy!

None of these players were first team regulars, however, I would be very concerned to see our squad reduced in size. I believe that one of the reasons for our poor second half of the season, was the small number of players used and I do not see us recruiting more than seven new faces.

None of these players were first team regulars, however, I would be very concerned to see our squad reduced in size. I believe that one of the reasons for our poor second half of the season, was the small number of players used and I do not see us recruiting more than seven new faces.

Why not? I think if we could offload all of those players then we'd be freeing a sizeable amount of the wage bill, so why wouldn't we bring in more players?

I think Pearson will recognise the squad could've done with a couple of extra heads last season too.

Surely Gallagher would be on that list too though.

Why not? I think if we could offload all of those players then we'd be freeing a sizeable amount of the wage bill, so why wouldn't we bring in more players?

I think Pearson will recognise the squad could've done with a couple of extra heads last season too.

Surely Gallagher would be on that list too though.

Playing devil's advocate, the only way to get these players off the books is to pay up their contracts, all of the FL clubs are now under some sort of ffp and so who is going to pay them the wages they're on now? How much do you think will be left over for new players after we've paid their wages for the next year or two?

Playing devil's advocate, the only way to get these players off the books is to pay up their contracts, all of the FL clubs are now under some sort of ffp and so who is going to pay them the wages they're on now? How much do you think will be left over for new players after we've paid their wages for the next year or two?

From my understanding, if we pay off their contracts all the money spent will be included in the financial fair play. So there is no saving to be made as we will be fined if we overspend.

From my understanding, if we pay off their contracts all the money spent will be included in the financial fair play. So there is no saving to be made as we will be fined if we overspend.

Indeed it will and that was exactly my point. All those people calling for players to be shipped out are being a tad optimistic given the wages that they are on, so the only way to get rid is to pay off their contracts so we'll be no better off.

Indeed it will and that was exactly my point. All those people calling for players to be shipped out are being a tad optimistic given the wages that they are on, so the only way to get rid is to pay off their contracts so we'll be no better off.

Or agree to continue to pay 60+% of their stupid salaries to allow other clubs to have them for 40%. Doesn't sound very good either, but it is probably the best we can hope for. Unless of course all the surplus players decide to pack in football......though this could have an impact as contracts are held as 'assets' so I hear.

Last edited:
NP might have to get his head out of his arse and use some of these players who are being paid to do **** all.

NP might have to get his head out of his arse and use some of these players who are being paid to do **** all.

He may do, but only as a last resort. There's no two ways about it - we have to be moving on all the high earners on the fringes if we can - but it's likely one or two may stick around. I don't think Pearson could afford not to use them in that case.

Maybe if the players got their heads out of their own arse it might not be a problem to play them?

Last edited:
Maybe if the players got their heads out of their own arse it might not be a problem to play them?

They seemed to have their heads out of their arses for other clubs?

Would be a very good signing as he looked a decent player on loan at Blackpool when they went up and also played a decent few games for Villa last year. Has a great shot on him so would be happy with Bannan.

Saying that though, is he coming in before or after Poyet that you were hinting at the other week? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669