The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. Let's see, who could these players be? My guess:

Shaun Newton
Carl Cort
Elvis Hammond
Darren Kenton

You're assuming there really are four players. The phrase "up to four players" makes me think they're just trying to persuade you to buy a season ticket and really it might be one new player if we're lucky. It'll probably be Elvis.

Even if it is just Elvis, at least we can look forward to people doing jokes about his singing ability and blue suede boots and so forth. Marvellous, I can't wait.

Apparently my mate has seen a potential new signing at the training ground, I pressed him for details but he didn't know who it was, just that he was halfcast, had a fit girlfriend and pulled up in a mercedes. Could it be the mystery premier league signing that's supposed to come this week...?

Apparently my mate has seen a potential new signing at the training ground, I pressed him for details but he didn't know who it was, just that he was halfcast, had a fit girlfriend and pulled up in a mercedes. Could it be the mystery premier league signing that's supposed to come this week...?

It could be Elvis I suppose. He's a bit darker than the, slightly pejorative, way that your friend described him though

It could be Elvis I suppose. He's a bit darker than the, slightly pejorative, way that your friend described him though
Elvis probably would've been described as 'coloured'. And he doesn't drive a Merc. Elvis has a brown S-reg Allegro.

?
images

Half-caste? Half-caste?!

Where do some of you come from that you think that's an acceptable term in this day and age?

**** me :(

I've never understood why people think "half-caste" is a racist or rude term.... all my "mixed race" friends refer to themselves as half-caste.

I think Mixed Race sounds worse personally.

I've never understood why people think "half-caste" is a racist or rude term.... all my "mixed race" friends refer to themselves as half-caste.

Do you know what it means? It essentially means 'half-person'.

Just because your mixed race friends don't understand why something is wrong, doesn't make it ok.

Why does mixed race sound bad to you? It's a descriptive term. There's no derogatory implication.

Cue a load of people accusing me of being over-sensitive.

:facepalm:

Nope, I'm completely with you on this one.

It's not really personal choice though is it? Half-caste is generally accepted as an inappropriate choice of words.

And you're friends can call themselves whatever they want; doesn't make it appropriate.

Internets to ChrisFilter :038:
It's derogatory but commonplace and it makes me squirm every time I see or hear it, especially when it's used by somebody that doesn't intend any offence. I don't even care that I'm mostly of European descent, apart from my big nose and huge cock, it's symptomatic of how we feel the need to pigeon-hole people and perpetuate terms like that with no regard to the meaning behind the words we're using. Ah bollocks, I'm pissed, but the point stands

It's 2010 people, other human beings aren't half of anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69