The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karel Häring ‏@KHaring75 3h3 hours ago

News for @GaryLineker... Tomáš Sivok, @Besiktas centre back, has been in talks with @OfficialFOXES, confirms his agent.(via @jakub_konecny)

Karel Häring ‏@KHaring75 3h3 hours ago

News for @GaryLineker... Tomáš Sivok, @Besiktas centre back, has been in talks with @OfficialFOXES, confirms his agent.(via @jakub_konecny)

Kaboul form Tottenham is linked strongly with Besiktas. Possible replacement for them?

If we get the Japanese striker from Mainz as well as Kramaric I'd take the £5m for Vardy.

Agreed. He has worked his socks off and I love him as a player, but I think the Premier League is just one step too far for him. Remarkable rise through the leagues though.

Agreed. He has worked his socks off and I love him as a player, but I think the Premier League is just one step too far for him.

He's only played half a season in this league. He didn't look Championship quality in his first season there, but didn't do too badly last season.
I think if we sell him we might end up regretting it.

I agree with Jeff.
2 seasons ago he looked a player lost in the championship
Look how intricate he was to our success last season.

This season is another steep learning curve for a player that just a few years ago was playing for Fleetwood.

Cut the bloke some slack.

He fecking deserves it! (Jeff as well as Jamie)

I agree with Jeff.
2 seasons ago he looked a player lost in the championship
Look how intricate he was to our success last season.

This season is another steep learning curve for a player that just a few years ago was playing for Fleetwood.

Cut the bloke some slack.

He fecking deserves it! (Jeff as well as Jamie)

This

Id like Defoe instead of a 5ft8 28 year old japanese international who has had 1 good season in bundesliga and 5 poor ones. Defoe will get goals if he gets time on the pitch. Wouldnt sell Vardy to another prem team. Wouldnt sell him at all..

I have just started a rumour that we should sign Nathan Redmond and take Luke Garbutt on loan in the hope that it filters to Pearson...

He's only played half a season in this league. He didn't look Championship quality in his first season there, but didn't do too badly last season.
I think if we sell him we might end up regretting it.

I was talking about Vardy yesterday. His substitute appearance was typical of his impact this season. In short, it was woeful. He was expected to occupy the opposition defence and retain possession but his touch, decision-making and general involvement was embarrassingly poor. An exhausted Ulloa would have been far more effective just standing there.

Vardy is 28 so he's no youngster. His main asset is his pace and aggression. What he needs in the Premier League is a much better first touch, better passing ability, wiser positioning and much more composure when in a shooting position. Despite being involved in almost all the matches, he's scored once this season. Another way of saying your comment would be that he's now been very poor for one and a half out of his two and a half seasons with us. That isn't good enough.

I'm very supportive of our attempts to refresh our forward line. Vardy, Nugent and Wood aren't Premier class. All have been almost exclusively disappointing this season and I wouldn't be against selling any or all of them. The latter two have been at this level and failed before. Ulloa needs help and bringing in alternative attackers with the ability to score goals is the way forward. Kramaric, Defoe and Okazaki to replace the other three would be excellent business for us in the short term and longer term.

I was talking about Vardy yesterday. His substitute appearance was typical of his impact this season. In short, it was woeful. He was expected to occupy the opposition defence and retain possession but his touch, decision-making and general involvement was embarrassingly poor. An exhausted Ulloa would have been far more effective just standing there.

Vardy is 28 so he's no youngster. His main asset is his pace and aggression. What he needs in the Premier League is a much better first touch, better passing ability, wiser positioning and much more composure when in a shooting position. Despite being involved in almost all the matches, he's scored once this season. Another way of saying your comment would be that he's now been very poor for one and a half out of his two and a half seasons with us. That isn't good enough.

I'm very supportive of our attempts to refresh our forward line. Vardy, Nugent and Wood aren't Premier class. All have been almost exclusively disappointing this season and I wouldn't be against selling any or all of them. The latter two have been at this level and failed before. Ulloa needs help and bringing in alternative attackers with the ability to score goals is the way forward. Kramaric, Defoe and Okazaki to replace the other three would be excellent business for us in the short term and longer term.

Brown Nose, so glad you have come back with a very insightful post. I fully agree with what you have written. I know others will have a different view but nobody can deny you give a full analysis and reasoning behind your opinions. Excellent.

Brown Nose, so glad you have come back with a very insightful post. I fully agree with what you have written. I know others will have a different view but nobody can deny you give a full analysis and reasoning behind your opinions. Excellent.

Do you think that with the experience of this season, Vardy can come back next season and surprise a few people as per the two seasons in the Championship?

Remembering if course that four seasons ago he was plying his trade for Fleetwood.

Last edited:
Do you think that with the experience of this season, Vardy can come back next season and surprise a few people as per the two seasons in the Championship?

Remembering if course that four seasons ago he was plying his trade for Fleetwood.

It's possible but unlikely. Anyway, we have too many players that we're waiting to see adjust/improve. I said before the season started that some we thought would adapt won't do so and some we're writing off will do well. That's exactly how it has turned out. Those that haven't adapted will take us down and we must be ruthless about this if we have the money to do something about it.

The Premier League is totally different type of league to the Championship. Of the three promoted strikers that many were interested to see this season, sadly we've got the duffer. Ings and Austin have both done very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669