The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible but unlikely. Anyway, we have too many players that we're waiting to see adjust/improve. I said before the season started that some we thought would adapt won't do so and some we're writing off will do well. That's exactly how it has turned out. Those that haven't adapted will take us down and we must be ruthless about this if we have the money to do something about it.

The Premier League is totally different type of league to the Championship. Of the three promoted strikers that many were interested to see this season, sadly we've got the duffer. Ings and Austin have both done very well.

I think you are probably right BN and if the rumours are true, I, for one, would be sorely tempted to sell him for £5m to Brom.

Can´t see anyone in the championship offering 5 mil......in all probability the top evaluation of the player right now.

PS......can´t see that "sorely tempted" is the same as actually deciding to sell :102:

Last edited:
I fear with Vardy that after the Man U game some were touting for him as a possible England candidate and that has gone to his head, much like his first season with us in the Champsionship he looks out of his depth at the moment -getting to a suitable PL quality is very different to a Championship standard

£5m - I cannot believe Tony Pulis would even consider that

I fear with Vardy that after the Man U game some were touting for him as a possible England candidate and that has gone to his head, much like his first season with us in the Champsionship he looks out of his depth at the moment -getting to a suitable PL quality is very different to a Championship standard

£5m - I cannot believe Tony Pulis would even consider that

I guessed as much when I smiled and said hello to him in Tesco not long after the game. He shot me a filthy look and barged past me like he was ****ing royalty.

Jason Bourne ‏@JasonBourne1986
Mainz and Japan international striker Shinji Okazaki has responded to a question from the BBC's @Mani2911 about interest from #LCFC. 1/3

Shinji Okazaki said: "For the time-being that's finished for me. I will stop thinking about it." 2/3

Shinji Okazaki said: "I'm a Mainz player and for now I want to focus on the Asian Cup and do what I can so we win the title." 3/3 #LCFC

I have no problem with Pearson saying that Vardy is not for sale for £5million.

I just wish Vardy would play like a £5million striker!

Akinbiyi? I think i'd rather have Vardy.....

What's £5m buy you nowadays anyway? The transfer market is ridiculous at the moment. Harry Kane has a decent season, and all of a sudden he'll be worth however much because he's British. Berahino, yes he's a good striker, but half a season at a good scoring level and he's now worth £20m?! Jesus Weeps.

Hopefully Vardy can score 8 in the next half of the season then we can sell him for a ridiculous price at the end of this season! Vardy could be worth £5m if he works harder in training with a number of attributes, but right now, he's not worht anywhere near that IMO.
Bojan looks a great bit of business at £900k for Stoke, is Vards worth five times that? And think about this, we paid more than FIVE times as much for Akinbadboy 15 years ago. Nuts!

Last edited:
Continues to be talk about Okazaki. Do we think we should put all our eggs in 1 basket with Kramaric or chase another player like Defoe so that we can't be caught short of firepower?
I'd be happy for us to sell Chris Wood and loan out GTF to fund a move for Defoe to keep us up to be honest. With Hopper, Blyth, Dawson, Cain etc out on loan we don't exactly have a squad that is busting at the seems so there must be some money in the coffers.

Happy that we are in for Corluka and Naughton as it sends the right sort of signals about players who could go straight into the next Prem game with experience...

Last edited:
What's £5m buy you nowadays anyway? The transfer market is ridiculous at the moment. Harry Kane has a decent season, and all of a sudden he'll be worth however much because he's British. Berahino, yes he's a good striker, but half a season at a good scoring level and he's now worth £20m?! Jesus Weeps.

Hopefully Vardy can score 8 in the next half of the season then we can sell him for a ridiculous price at the end of this season! Vardy could be worth £5m if he works harder in training with a number of attributes, but right now, he's not worht anywhere near that IMO.
Bojan looks a great bit of business at £900k for Stoke, is Vards worth five times that? And think about this, we paid more than FIVE times as much for Akinbadboy 15 years ago. Nuts!

You wrote AkinbadBOY......... I always thought it it was AkinbadBUY.

Probably too good for us, but I'd love to see us take Januzaj on loan (especially given our propensity to loan Utd players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669