The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumours Thread

From a well known rumours site. ;)

Leicester are set to sign promising Youth duo Richard Ashton and James Russen from League 1 side Yeovil. The pair are exciting 18 year old prospects and both will be signed on a free as they have both rejected new contracts to stay at Huish Park.

I dunno about free, don't clubs have to pay compensation for young players these days?

Depends when their YTS contracts run out. Some clubs only grant YTS to 16 meaning the poachers come a-calling. Some of Yeovil's type would only have them on a scholarship deal or YTS, so if that contract has ran out and they leave. Then City can pick em up for nowt.

Youth players are free to leave any time when without a professional contract but then comes compensation.

Depends when their YTS contracts run out. Some clubs only grant YTS to 16 meaning the poachers come a-calling. Some of Yeovil's type would only have them on a scholarship deal or YTS, so if that contract has ran out and they leave. Then City can pick em up for nowt.

Youth players are free to leave any time when without a professional contract but then comes compensation.

it mite cost city 50k for the 2 if it happens

Why look at signing a couple of youth players when we have a youth team that just won the league :102:

Because they could be better than what we have.

True, but priority has got to be first team players. Whilst building for the future is great, it just seems odd that we sign Sapleton and get linked to another two young players when we have already got a good foundation in our own lads?

True, but priority has got to be first team players. Whilst building for the future is great, it just seems odd that we sign Sapleton and get linked to another two young players when we have already got a good foundation in our own lads?

But maybe these youngsters are more the finished article, whilst the Youth team are progressing nicely, Mattock aside there may not be anyone else ready to make the step up, also with the introduction of the reserve side perhaps MA believes that with the likes of these two and Sappleton that they have the ability and given a sustained run in the reserves will provide competition to the first team squad.

Last edited:

a quote from our very own boss :icon_lol:

''I've heard that Samuel Eto'o is unsettled so it could double as a scouting mission!"

Just sign up Matty Holland and I will be very happy and I'm sure so will a fair few of you lot, I've got a feeling we will. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46