The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumours Thread

Quote:
Leicester City Rumours.

Had it confrimed today from a usually reliable source that after the defeat to QPR on Saturday that Rob Kelly's days as manager are numbered. He will probably be off within the month. Names being linked at this Time are Mike Newell, Harry Redknapp and Bryan Robson. Most likely to be Harry Redknapp due to the Mandaric connection and the fact that he allegedly doesn't get on with the new Pompey owner, but very early days.

Will keep you posted as things materialise. [/QUOTE]

I think Harry would be a good appointment but can't see him moving from Poole to the Midlands, and he is too long in the tooth to do the commuting lark.

This is my first post. I am a freelance journalist (and also a City fan of longstanding - but one who has never 'signed up to any Forums - until now !).
Today, I was covering the Luton v Ipswich game for the Ipswich evening paper - and had chance to talk to Brian Stein (the Luton caretaker manager) immediately after the game. We obviously mainly talked about the Kenilworth Road triumph for the Tractor Boys; but Stein 'let slip' an amazing comment about Mike Newell (who he is still very close to) - apparently Mandaric contacted Newell yesterday (Friday) and has set up a meeting with him on Monday (at an unknown location) TO DISCUSS THE CITY MANAGERS JOB. Stein told me that Newell is uncertain if that means that Mandaric wants to discuss an IMMEDIATE offer - or one in the Summer. Mandaric did say though, that Rob Kelly's job is "on the line - depending on results" - and implying that today's game with QPR was "crucial" !
I've only just seen the City result (I've just filed my Ipswich match report), but I would think Mandaric is a busy man tonight, weighing up his options !
You would at least hope that a freelance journalist wouldn't make that many grammatical errors...

I cannot think of any reason why Redknapp would leave the South coast and come here, other than for twice the salary - and that would really put a dent in MM's pocket!

I think the Newell rumour is going to gain more substance each day

I love these "usually reliable source" quotes.

After the utter tosh they have delivered over the last few months we have learned that the reliable sources tend to keep their mouths shut when it comes to detailed stories!

Not sure there are any reliable sources. I did manage a quick word with Mr Davies in the 1884 prior to kick off, i said 'Mike Newell?' and he smiled a knowing smile before saying that Rob Kelly was the manager of our club.....

whos the plymouth "star" we are interested in? at the top of the page my work wont let me access that site

What happened to the 9ft tall black geezer that we were signing from Weirdoville

Why are we being linked with him ?? We need a prolific goal scorer, not some fcking donkey whose past it.

scott sinclair looks like good talent for next season wouldn't mind having him here on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710