The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumours Thread

Possible managerial target. From the BBC. ;)

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester City have already decided to get rid of manager Stuart Pearce - even if he turns their season around - and replace him with either Sam Allardyce or Paul Jewell. (The Sun)

Why would big Sam go there ? Strange. Perhaps if they get the takeover.

too many over rated 'big time charlies' are linked with us. balls to the fact that they were good players. lets look at there managerial records...dave penney...?

too many over rated 'big time charlies' are linked with us. balls to the fact that they were good players. lets look at there managerial records...dave penney...?

Well said mate... Paul Simpson, Billy Davies, Steve Cotteril, Dave Penney, Paul Jewell, have all proved themselves to be better managers in my opinion than Stuart Pearce or Bryan Robson or Kevin Keegan...

Big Time equals Big Players attracted to play for us. The likes of Jewell or Cotterill are not going to persuade any top player come to us.

Big Time equals Big Players attracted to play for us. The likes of (a)Jewell or (b)Cotterill are not going to persuade any top player come to us.

(a) He definitely could attract the player we would need to get out of this division. He is regarded as one of the best English managers and has got quite a bit of experience considering his age.

(b) totally agree.

(a) He definitely could attract the player we would need to get out of this division. He is regarded as one of the best English managers and has got quite a bit of experience considering his age.

(b) totally agree.

I'd actually put Newell but when seeing the post displayed by London Fox, realised the argument didnt stick as Mike Newell didnt appear but his very name sake did. However, all suggestions he put are currently happy and contracted to a club who have boards with pots of money to boot.

What about Mark, or Franc?

Both out of work since the Euro

Gretna/ Leicester City Rumours.

Had it confirmed by a colleague today that Rab Douglas has already agreed to join Gretna FC. I belive that he will be signing for them regardless of whether they are promoted to the SPL or not.

I had Information last week that Todorov would be signed before the QPR game but it now looks as though he will be signing this week coming, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

For all those satating that Hughes will be leaving Leicester, not the case. He is well thought of by the management team and has impressed MM too.

Also, don't expect Fryatt to be sold. He is another that RK thinks a lot of. Injury has curtailed Fryatt this season but is still in LCFC plans.

Last edited:

Leicester City Rumours.

Had it confrimed today from a usually reliable source that after the defeat to QPR on Saturday that Rob Kelly's days as manager are numbered. He will probably be off within the month. Names being linked at this Time are Mike Newell, Harry Redknapp and Bryan Robson. Most likely to be Harry Redknapp due to the Mandaric connection and the fact that he allegedly doesn't get on with the new Pompey owner, but very early days.

Will keep you posted as things materialise.

For all those satating that Hughes will be leaving Leicester, not the case. He is well thought of by the management team and has impressed MM too.

HOW!!!!????

Had it confrimed today from a usually reliable source that after the defeat to QPR on Saturday that Rob Kelly's days as manager are numbered. He will probably be off within the month. Names being linked at this Time are Mike Newell, Harry Redknapp and Bryan Robson. Most likely to be Harry Redknapp due to the Mandaric connection and the fact that he allegedly doesn't get on with the new Pompey owner, but very early days.

Yes please!!

from the other site :icon_wink

This is my first post. I am a freelance journalist (and also a City fan of longstanding - but one who has never 'signed up to any Forums - until now !).
Today, I was covering the Luton v Ipswich game for the Ipswich evening paper - and had chance to talk to Brian Stein (the Luton caretaker manager) immediately after the game. We obviously mainly talked about the Kenilworth Road triumph for the Tractor Boys; but Stein 'let slip' an amazing comment about Mike Newell (who he is still very close to) - apparently Mandaric contacted Newell yesterday (Friday) and has set up a meeting with him on Monday (at an unknown location) TO DISCUSS THE CITY MANAGERS JOB. Stein told me that Newell is uncertain if that means that Mandaric wants to discuss an IMMEDIATE offer - or one in the Summer. Mandaric did say though, that Rob Kelly's job is "on the line - depending on results" - and implying that today's game with QPR was "crucial" !
I've only just seen the City result (I've just filed my Ipswich match report), but I would think Mandaric is a busy man tonight, weighing up his options !

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710