The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumours Thread

Originally Posted by highland fox
"It says in the article that Kishishev will sign on a free in the next 48 hours and we are very close to agreeing deals for De Zeuw,N'Gotty,Hendrie and Cresswell"

Enough ageing defenders coming ain't there?

So with all Milan's millions, anybody got the feeling we are going to cash in on Kisnorbo.....

So this guy loaned from a struggling Prem club (as they felt he wouldn't make a difference) to a Championship club who got relegated.

I'm really inspired...................:icon_roll

lets put it this way he is better than what we have got at the moment.

Milan said he would invest in the side to make us competitive. Some on here seem to think we should be bidding for Rio Ferdinand or Ashley Cole, or at least Prem top ten current players! The reality is we are looking for bargain basement in the Prem, and Kishishev seems typical of what we look for. I would be very surprised if Milan is going to spend more than £1-2 million on transfer fees and a similar amount extra on wages. What we ship out will go for very little unless it's Kisnorbo or Stearman. If Milan and Martin want to bring in 8+ players, they are not going to be paying very much for them!

Milan said he would invest in the side to make us competitive. Some on here seem to think we should be bidding for Rio Ferdinand or Ashley Cole, or at least Prem top ten current players! The reality is we are looking for bargain basement in the Prem, and Kishishev seems typical of what we look for. I would be very surprised if Milan is going to spend more than £1-2 million on transfer fees and a similar amount extra on wages. What we ship out will go for very little unless it's Kisnorbo or Stearman. If Milan and Martin want to bring in 8+ players, they are not going to be paying very much for them!
totally agree true blue. unfortunately we have a lot of posters on here who think that we are the only team after new players.its going to be difficult to get the right blend of players to compete next season. thats the fun of football its a battle off the pitch as well as on it during the closed season.milan knows what we need to push on so lets get behind the man whoever he brings in :icon_wink

I think Hendrie, with Allen's no-nonsense style, could be an excellent signing.

I live in the West Midlands and I hear Stoke are close to signing Hendrie. Hope we get him though, I think he'd be a very good player for us.

Kishishev is a very good defender, he is an international and is exactly the kind of player we need to make us compete at this level.

However i would say that signing him and n'gotty and de zeuw would be a big mistake.

I think milan has been in football, and has a long enough sucess record for me to believe he knows what he is at. I trust his judgement to take us forward. I don't think alot will be spent on fees, but i do belive that prem wages might be spoken about upon signin players.

But is HE actually investing anything?

The shirt sponsorship, the ground deal etc will most likely cover what were intending to bring in. And as for MA - doubt he'll be on much more than Kelly was.

Seeing as we've made a bid for Kishishev there's an argument he should have a thread of his own........no longer a rumour after all

But is HE actually investing anything?

The shirt sponsorship, the ground deal etc will most likely cover what were intending to bring in. And as for MA - doubt he'll be on much more than Kelly was.
But it's not as if these are the first shirt and ground sponsorship deals we've ever had, is it? They might be slightly better than the previous deals (they should be) but all it will do is go into the same pot as cash from the previous deals did. This is not "extra" money.

But it's not as if these are the first shirt and ground sponsorship deals we've ever had, is it? They might be slightly better than the previous deals (they should be) but all it will do is go into the same pot as cash from the previous deals did. This is not "extra" money.

But that old pot was empty, these deals have re-filled it and the money is now there to be spent. Its not coming out of MM's coffers.

I think Milan's plan is to try and get us into the Prem this year and spend less than 3 million of his own money in total (Inc buying the club), making him an absolutely massive stack of cash. And in all truth I hope he does it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566