The champagne on ice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton are worse and we haven't beaten them this season either!

And Carlisle.

Seems strange because the League table suggests otherwise :icon_roll

Carlisle are a good team and were pushing for promotion last season. For whatever reason they have struggled this year but they still have good players who when fully fit can cause problems.

Carlisle are a good team and were pushing for promotion last season. For whatever reason they have struggled this year but they still have good players who when fully fit can cause problems.

Carlisle are shite. Don't even tell me they are a good side, we couldn't beat a team struggling to stay in this excuse of a league. We need to beat Hereford on Saturday to get back on track, if we don't then I will be scared.

In fairness they aren't the worst team we have seen at the Walkers this season.

Not all of them have been the away side either.

No they are not the worst team I have seen agreed. However, we should still be beating teams like them.

Carlisle are shite. Don't even tell me they are a good side, we couldn't beat a team struggling to stay in this excuse of a league.

They're not a good team.
But they're capable of being much better than their league position suggests, when they can be bothered.
They had a good start, and were second after six matches. They then went on a bad run and have never recovered.
They've done well against the top teams though, they've beaten MK, won at Leeds and drawn with Peterborough and Scunthorpe.
Hopefully we won't need them to win when they play Millwall on the last day of the season. I might go to that if I can't get a Crewe ticket.

Carlisle's keeper was incredible on Saturday, don't know if he's usually THAT good. Oakley's half volley was destined for that top corner, great save by the keeper. I've got no worries about Hereford assuming we play like we did against Carlisle. (Obviously without the dodgy defending at times). 2 more wins and a draw will be good enough i think!!

Current form is the only determinent according to some on here. :icon_conf

Of course it is. If Millwall win every single game their points average in your table won't increase significantly nor ours decrease if we lose all of our games. It would be better to base form on the previous 10 games, or 6.

When predicting the economic future for the next 6 months should companies/governments rely more on the last 6 months as an indicator or the trend since the beginning of the planet?

Of course it is. If Millwall win every single game their points average in your table won't increase significantly nor ours decrease if we lose all of our games. It would be better to base form on the previous 10 games, or 6.

Sorry to join the doubters, but has anyone factored into this scenario the negative effect of us probably being second in the league come Saturday for the first time?

:icon_sad:

Sorry to join the doubters, but has anyone factored into this scenario the negative effect of us probably being second in the league come Saturday for the first time?

:icon_sad:

Don't be sorry, just don't join 'em :icon_bigg

Current form is all important at the moment or why would we be worried because surely we will get 10 points from 5 and all the others will get less?????

It wouldn't be the first time.

And maybe if Peterborough go above us on Friday it might make the players realise it's not over and they still have some work to do.

Which, of course, they don't realise now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669