The champagne on ice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be the first time.

And maybe if Peterborough go above us on Friday it might make the players realise it's not over and they still have some work to do.

Oh, okay - first time in quite a while then!

They only need to look over their shoulders to confirm it aint over!

And maybe if Peterborough go above us on Friday it might make the players realise it's not over and they still have some work to do.

I think that is the best thing to happen to us to make sure we finish the line, it could be the motivation they need and have something to play for,

I think that is the best thing to happen to us to make sure we finish the line, it could be the motivation they need and have something to play for,

You don't think they are motivated and have something to play for without losing first place on Friday?

In some of the games I've seen recently they looked as though they were already thinking about the beach.

But I'm sure they weren't.

Of course it is. If Millwall win every single game their points average in your table won't increase significantly nor ours decrease if we lose all of our games. It would be better to base form on the previous 10 games, or 6.

As nobody else has bothered, I've had a look at the top of the division and the recent form of the clubs there.

Leicester, Peterborough, Millwall, Tranmere and Southend each have 5 games left. Leeds and MKDons have 6 and Scunthorpe have 7 left. So I have looked back that number of games for each club respectively.

If each of the clubs was to gain the same number of points in these 5, 6 or 7 games as they have done in the past 5, 6 or 7, the table will finish like this:

Code:
Peterborough	81 current	+ 15 form	96
Leicester	83		+ 7		90
Leeds		71		+ 16		87
Millwall	76		+ 9		85
Scunthorpe	67		+ 14		81
MK Dons		72		+ 6		78
Tranmere	66		+ 10		76
Southend	64		+ 12		76

Everybody else will be at least 10 points behind.

As nobody else has bothered, I've had a look at the top of the division and the recent form of the clubs there.

Leicester, Peterborough, Millwall, Tranmere and Southend each have 5 games left. Leeds and MKDons have 6 and Scunthorpe have 7 left. So I have looked back that number of games for each club respectively.

If each of the clubs was to gain the same number of points in these 5, 6 or 7 games as they have done in the past 5, 6 or 7, the table will finish like this:

Code:
Leicester	83		+ 7		90
Leeds		71		+ 16		87
Millwall	76		+ 9		85
Scunthorpe	67		+ 14		81
MK Dons		72		+ 6		78
Tranmere	66		+ 10		76
Southend	64		+ 12		76

I've thought for a little while now that Peterborough will take the title and that Leeds will continue on a charge.

My main concerns are that we take what should be 3 relatively easy points at Hereford and I would like to see Peterborough beat Millwall. I don't think we can beat Leeds at the moment tho' we could manage a draw if lifted by the occasions but a win away on Saturday would go a long way to achieving second place.

And the fans can be trusted to give them full support - something which did not happen at the Walkers on Saturday.

Code:
Leicester	83		+ 7		90
Leeds		71		+ 16		87
Millwall	76		+ 9		85
Scunthorpe	67		+ 14		81
MK Dons		72		+ 6		78
Tranmere	66		+ 10		76
Southend	64		+ 12		76

Why would anyone bother when we knew our resident anorak would cave in at some point and do all the work for us...:102::icon_lol:

PS...Thanks for the fixtures..

Why would anyone bother when we knew our resident anorak would cave in at some point and do all the work for us...:102::icon_lol:

PS...Thanks for the fixtures..

What we really need though is some kind of formula that takes into account the quality of the opposition in those last few games and the games still to play. Also we need to know the weather forecast for each match so we can take into account how well each team do in certain conditions. And we need to know who will be reffing each match, and what their record is when reffing those teams. Then there's the ball boys, who play a crucial role, will they be efficient and return the ball quickly, or are they lazy buggers. That can add crucial minutes to the time played and the fitness of the teams needs to be taken into account.

I honestly cant see Peterborough winning the remaining 5 games. They have already won 9 out of the last 10 and the last seven in a row. There good form has to come to an end soon....doesnt it?

What we really need though is some kind of formula that takes into account the quality of the opposition in those last few games and the games still to play. Also we need to know the weather forecast for each match so we can take into account how well each team do in certain conditions. And we need to know who will be reffing each match, and what their record is when reffing those teams. Then there's the ball boys, who play a crucial role, will they be efficient and return the ball quickly, or are they lazy buggers. That can add crucial minutes to the time played and the fitness of the teams needs to be taken into account.

Oh go on then i'll finish your post off for you....

.....BOC!!!!!.....

You for got the linesman and any injurys that each team mite have or could have .

I honestly cant see Peterborough winning the remaining 5 games. They have already won 9 out of the last 10 and the last seven in a row. There good form has to come to an end soon....doesnt it?

Unfortunately Cheltenham are hardly the opposition that we need for their next fixture.
Looking at us in 2nd place going into the Hereford game is only going to add to the pressure.
I'm hoping Brizzle R are going to do us a huge favour by denying the scum a win.

Last edited:

Been lucky buggers as well during that 9 games - missed penalties, having 10 men, woodwork hit 3 times in one game. On Saturday, they were gifted a winner by a twat of a full-back and a plonker of a keeper.

With Wall's poor home form plus they are hardly invicible against the lesser lights of this division, I can not see them sustaining a challenge. That said Leeds look menacing but need us to be real crap and them to be real good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00