The Championship 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost 9pm, has it happened yet?

My Cov supporting mate was expecting something to happen today. He had heard there is a buyer in the pipeline who are offering a pound but SISU won't sell, as most wouldn't. Admin will come shortly after (if that's possible/legal).

ipswich getting tanked by Peterborough and a red card decision worse than ours!

I see nothing wrong with either of the red card decisions I've seen today.

Crazy game. Peterboro' all over them of course. Can see it being more than six too.

Atleast we aren't the only fancied side struggling at the minute!

Full time, P'boro 7 Ipswich 1. Oof.

13 goals conceded in the last 2 games for Ipswich

As a central defender it looked absolutely fine to me.

Ridiculous that you can't make tackles anymore.

It's no longer fine to take the man as long as you get a touch on the ball. That's the way the game now is; I'm surprised people are taking so long to get used to it.

It's no longer fine to take the man as long as you get a touch on the ball. That's the way the game now is; I'm surprised people are taking so long to get used to it.

Maybe because it's still quite inconsistently referee'd, or because it's a rule that is barely applied at all at a grass roots level.

Either way I think that it's a rule that's far too bias towards forwards and in part ruins the art of defending.

Maybe because it's still quite inconsistently referee'd, or because it's a rule that is barely applied at all at a grass roots level.

Either way I think that it's a rule that's far too bias towards forwards and in part ruins the art of defending.

No, it makes defending an art of positioning and timing rather than a game of who can kick hardest. You're right that it's a rule that isn't enforced properly though, even at Premier level never mind parks football.

That Taylor for P'borough looked quality

No, it makes defending an art of positioning and timing rather than a game of who can kick hardest. You're right that it's a rule that isn't enforced properly though, even at Premier level never mind parks football.

It's ridiculous to think that positioning and timing aren't important either way.

And it's hardly going back to the good ol' days of 'who can kick hardest'. That was a perfectly timed tackle yesterday and IMO it shouldn't be chastised just because there was a player behind the ball.

It's ridiculous to think that positioning and timing aren't important either way.

And it's hardly going back to the good ol' days of 'who can kick hardest'. That was a perfectly timed tackle yesterday and IMO it shouldn't be chastised just because there was a player behind the ball.

It would be very interesting to know what you believe Law 12 actually says in relation to the awarding of a direct free kick. I can see nothing that suggests that the ref got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669