Derby 1 Southampton 1

Coventry 1 Forest 0

Cardiff 1 Ipswich 2

Middlesboro' 1 Millwall 1

Some interesting scores tonight.

Forest win 2-0 against Boro

Peterboro win 4-3 against Cardiff after being 3-2 down with 3 minutes to go

Southampton beat West Ham
According to today's Metro we are both above and below you. How strange.

Good. Nothing will be done about it though. FA will continue to turn a blind eye.

Christ, I can't think how hard it must be when some 12 or 13 year old kid in the crowd is gay and he hears 1000s of people around him/her chanting stuff like that, including his parents, close friends and/or other family who are at the game with them.

But hey, it's okay, it's just "banter."

Good. Nothing will be done about it though. FA will continue to turn a blind eye.

Christ, I can't think how hard it must be when some 12 or 13 year old kid in the crowd is gay and he hears 1000s of people around him/her chanting stuff like that, including his parents, close friends and/or other family who are at the game with them.

But hey, it's okay, it's just "banter."

What exactly are the offensive chants?

Is that a genuine question of not knowing what the chants are or trying to claim they're not offensive?

When Brighton were down here earlier this season there was:

"You're just a town full of faggots"
"We can see you holding hands"
"Dudududu, spit or swallow?"

There was a couple more I can't remember either.

A selection from city. "Town full of benders", "Does your boyfriend know you're here" & "We can see you holding hands"

When Brighton were down here earlier this season there was:

"You're just a town full of faggots"
"We can see you holding hands"
"Dudududu, spit or swallow?"

There was a couple more I can't remember either.

"We can see you sucking cock."

It's very clever on many levels.

I ****ing hate so many of our fans.

Basically they all centre around the idea that being gay is something that should be looked down on, the fact that people do this around young kids or teenagers as well who could easily be gay themselves and they see hundreds of people, even their closest friends and family they are at the game with chanting, laughing and clapping along with this and seeming to take joy in these statements.

It's disgusting. No one should have to put up with that kind of abuse about themselves from people around them, especially if they are at such a young age and much less from hundreds of people in cheering crowds and even their loved ones around them.

Last edited:
A selection from city. "Town full of benders", "Does your boyfriend know you're here" & "We can see you holding hands"

Clearly the people who are making these chants are intending them to be offensive, so they should be stopped from doing it.

But you could say any of those things to me and I wouldn't be offended by it. I don't think there's anything wrong with being gay, so being called gay doesn't offend me. It would be incorrect, and I'd think you were a twat, but I wouldn't be offended.

I ****ing hate so many of our fans.

Me too.

I thought I'd got away from a lot of that kind of behaviour when I started going to watch Carlisle instead. But last week I heard someone making a monkey chant when one of Sheff W's black players was on the ball. I couldn't believe it, it was like being back in the seventies. Except there was only one person doing it, not half the crowd.

Me too.

I thought I'd got away from a lot of that kind of behaviour when I started going to watch Carlisle instead. But last week I heard someone making a monkey chant when one of Sheff W's black players was on the ball. I couldn't believe it, it was like being back in the seventies. Except there was only one person doing it, not half the crowd.

Was the person reported to a steward?

Many aren't brave enough or willing to report such behaviour but it is the only way to stop it. If the stewards take appropriate action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00