The Championship 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

I thought I'd got away from a lot of that kind of behaviour when I started going to watch Carlisle instead. But last week I heard someone making a monkey chant when one of Sheff W's black players was on the ball. I couldn't believe it, it was like being back in the seventies. Except there was only one person doing it, not half the crowd.

I was unfortunate enough to sit in L1 against Brighton and it was disgusting. The 25 stone man next to me and his horrible girlfriend were gesticulating towards the away fans, swearing at both the away fans and Brighton players, and generally acting like absolute ****s. In the context of where I was sat, unfortunately I expected similar behaviour, but the fact that they were there with their 4 year old son beggared belief. He stands no chance in life what-so-ever, and was often making obscene gestures at the away fans that I didn't even know existed at that age.

I dont agree with the chants made at the Brighton fans they are pretty stupid really but dont a lot of opposition fans sing "You're just a town full of paki's" which the majority of us just ignore. I imagine that a lot of teams have a particular thing that relates to their area/town that the opposition pick on as a way of trying to antaginise their opposite fans. The fans up here never forgot how the Nottinghamshire miners went back early in the 80's so sing "a town full of scabs" to any Notts (Trees or County) fans.

Last edited:
I can't think how hard it must be when some 12 or 13 year old kid in the crowd is gay and he hears 1000s of people around him/her chanting stuff like that

Not a problem - gays don't do football. Too manly.

FFS don't take it seriously you tool!

When Brighton were down here earlier this season there was:

"You're just a town full of faggots"
"We can see you holding hands"
"Dudududu, spit or swallow?"

There was a couple more I can't remember either.
A selection from city. "Town full of benders", "Does your boyfriend know you're here" & "We can see you holding hands"
"We can see you sucking cock."

It's very clever on many levels.

I ****ing hate so many of our fans.
Jesus. It's 1976.

"We can see you sucking cock."

It's very clever on many levels.

I ****ing hate so many of our fans.
And it's just so feckin' thick. We play Brighton, therefore they're all gay, play any Welsh team, they shag sheep, etc., etc. Of course that's the first time anyone in the entire universe has ever thought of those chants, some of our fans think they would give Oscar Wilde a run for his money ( that's if they've heard of him of course, God knows what they would think when they found out he was bisexual ).

We can see you holding hands :)

The club doesn't care therefore the stewards don't care.

The police don't care.

The FA doesn't care.

The council doesn't care.

The Football League doesn't care.

MPs and MEPs don't care.

I wrote to all of them demanding to know why no action is ever taken to stop homophobic chanting and each and every one blamed someone else in the above list as to why they didn't or aren't doing anything.

Yeah, things like that that make you realise how insignificant football is really.

Bagged, took off his shirt to reveal a message and the ref showed a human touch...no booking.

You can imagine the hostility the ref would have got had he booked him. The morning back pages would have really stirred it up.

On the other hand........................

You can imagine the hostility the ref would have got had he booked him. The morning back pages would have really stirred it up.

On the other hand........................

The guidelines state that a player must be cautioned if he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt. Billy Sharp did neither, except in the moment when the front of his shirt went over his head to reveal the message on his undershirt.

Fair play to him. To want to play less than 72 hours after your child has died takes some courage. He scored an excellent goal, a goal his son would have been most proud of.

RIP Baby Luey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59