The Championship 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guidelines state that a player must be cautioned if he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt. Billy Sharp did neither, except in the moment when the front of his shirt went over his head to reveal the message on his undershirt.

Isn't that all that Ballotelli was guilty of and yet he got a yellow.

I don't recall the Ballotelli incident. Sorry.

He showed a message on his vest after scoring. It said something like 'Why is it always me?". The shirt wasn't removed at all and yet he got booked for it.

He showed a message on his vest after scoring. It said something like 'Why is it always me?". The shirt wasn't removed at all and yet he got booked for it.

Perhaps the ref interpreted that as dissent. Perhaps the ref got it wrong. Perhaps it was because...

eeerrr...

I don't recall the Ballotelli incident. Sorry.

Heard on the radio that an organised bonfire, I think in Kent, is having a 30' effigy of Ballotelli as the guy. (After the prank with fireworks in his bathroom).

Last year it was a Rooney guy.

...someone acted using a modicum of common sense. What's the problem?

Take away the emotive nature of this particular incident and the problem is not applying the laws of the game.

The fact that it is a ridiculous law which amongst other things takes some of the fun out of the game is frankly irrelevant.

Take away the emotive nature of this particular incident and the problem is not applying the laws of the game.

The fact that it is a ridiculous law which amongst other things takes some of the fun out of the game is frankly irrelevant.

I really don't see what people are expecting here from football chants?

Fans always have picked on the lowest common denominator, there are very few intelligent chants. If you want intelligent chants then you may get better ones at rugby games.

Football stadiums are (guess) at least 50% morons and as such you are going to get moronic chants...

I really don't see what people are expecting here from football chants?

Fans always have picked on the lowest common denominator, there are very few intelligent chants. If you want intelligent chants then you may get better ones at rugby games.

Football stadiums are (guess) at least 50% morons and as such you are going to get moronic chants...

What chants? People are talking about the ref not booking the player for raising his shirt?

Last edited:
Sorry should have quoted. Earlier inthe three regarding Brighton.

Latest scores:

Derby 0 Cardiff 1
Leeds 0 Blackpool 3

So Blackpool are now above us - but if they score again we'll go above Leeds on goal difference.

Leeds down to 10 men as well

Yep. Same with celebrating amongst your own supporters.

I have even had a team-mate booked on a Sunday morning for taking his shirt off, last-minute equaliser. All 11 players celebrating mental, ref books player (£11 fine)...considering what gets let go on a park pitch, unbelieveable.

So, you'd preferred him to have been booked in order to conform to a law that you don't agree with. Hmm.

So, you'd preferred him to have been booked in order to conform to a law that you don't agree with. Hmm.

You seem troubled today Mawsley.

I was simply pointing out the inconsistency of the situation. Laws should NOT be disregarded based on whether or not the player concerned has had a recent tragedy in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58