Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Each to his own, but whatever happened to ambition?

I don't buy this 'needs a 3 year contract for security' crap. You can't tell me that Dyer is, or ever will be, hard up.

Seems incredible he's spent a good few years at this club trying to get into the Premier. Now he's achieved it he's leaving. He'll never be able to look back on his career and say he played at the highest level. Money doesn't buy everything. Strange decision.

Each to his own, but whatever happened to ambition?

I don't buy this 'needs a 3 year contract for security' crap. You can't tell me that Dyer is, or ever will be, hard up.

Seems incredible he's spent a good few years at this club trying to get into the Premier. Now he's achieved it he's leaving. He'll never be able to look back on his career and say he played at the highest level. Money doesn't buy everything. Strange decision.

Look at James, he was well off once.

He doesn't have no money though, he'll just have a good accountant who has hidden it all away somewhere to say that he can't service his existing debts and get them wiped out.

His work for BT isn't one of those back-to-work government schemes zero hour contract bollocks.

Back on Dyer though, I do agree that it seems a little negative of Lloyd after being with us since our lowest point in League 1 to turn his back on an opportunity to test himself at the highest level with us. It's hardly as if he will have been offered less money for his extra year here than what he was already on so it's almost as if he doesn't believe in his own ability to prove himself in 1-year in the Prem to get a longer deal.

Bit of a shame as I do think he could offer us something next year from the bench, would have much rather seen him having a spot than GTF, but wish him all the best whatever he does as he has given his 5/6?? years great service up until now.

Last edited:

Precisely. I don't imagine he earned much at the Milton Keynes franchise or in the league one year with us, and this is bound to be his last big contract given his age.

While he has shown that he is good enough to get a team promoted I don't know anyone who thinks he's close to good enough for the epl, so to my mind he's maximising his ability. Good for him, and certainly no hard feelings - when the time comes, and it won't be long, I wish him a long and comfortable retirement.

Wish you well, Lloyd - will miss the toe pokes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669