Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been quite sure that NP rates Schmeichel. He's the player that always got most of NPs touchline 'looks' or was berated for something or other. Pre-NP, Schmeichel was always using long throws to the half way line and early kicks forward to try to isolate one on one, etc. NP stopped all that.

On the plus side, KS is a good shot stopper and puncher. He rarely misses a kick and is positionally sound. On the negative side, he's not commanding from set pieces or tall enough. His distribution is patchy and occasionally, he drops a right clanger.

Were NP to find a potential replacement number one with equivalent or superior attributes, I could imagine him instructing the DofF to offer KS a contract that was not especially tempting. KS has said several times that he wants to stay and also that he's not been offered a contract by the club, despite there being talks.

No stats = useless.

Kasper is by far the best keeper we have had (imo of course) since we were spoiled with the Keller/Flowers/Walkers era, possibly even better or at least potentially as he has age on his side whereas the others had already arguably peaked.

Keeping Kasper will be one of the top signings this summer for me as I see him more of a captain than Morgan and he also comes across as a real level headed person that is a Pearson type of player. Note he wasn't going out and getting pissed to a select few's annoyances.

The teams he is being linked with isn't because of his name, if they wanted to live off that they would have done it 10 years ago at a few k a week instead of the 10's he commands now, but because he is an excellent shot stopper who has earned us a valuable number of points as much as our goal scorers.

Even if you think he's shit or we could do better, it's going to cost us more getting an equal replacement and the team could do with strengthening in centre back much more than it needs between the sticks.

Even then, if we go down next year and we still have him on a new contract, he'll be worth a few quid.

No brainer keeping him imo in case i hadn't given it away already!

Well said. I agree on all of that except I thought Walker was shit for us.

I think the most important factor in keeping Schmeichel is continuity. I would hate to be starting the new season with a different keeper. It could throw us into defensive chaos, especially considering there are going to be plenty of games where we are going to be hanging on or scrapping and fighting for everything.

The Sun confirming Kasper has signed a new 4 year deal. Dyer off to Watford.

Noooo, not Watford! A 3 year contract though for a 31 year old winger who's main asset (by some way) is his pace seems risky - good for Lloyd! Will be sad to see him go though as he's a player I've been looking forward to playing in the Premier League for some time.

Merc also reports the Dyer move and says Hamer will sign a 4 year contract. http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/L...mer-set-sign/story-21107186-detail/story.html

I've never been quite sure that NP rates Schmeichel. He's the player that always got most of NPs touchline 'looks' or was berated for something or other. Pre-NP, Schmeichel was always using long throws to the half way line and early kicks forward to try to isolate one on one, etc. NP stopped all that.

I don't know where you've gotten that from. Kasper's distribution has always been spotty and he still does his early kicks forward unfortunately as they nearly always result in giving the ball away. Leeds fans wouldn't shut up about how dire they thought his distribution was when he signed.

Last edited:
I don't know where you've gotten that from. Kasper's distribution has always been spotty and he still does his early kicks forward unfortunately as they nearly always result in giving the ball away. Leeds fans wouldn't shut up about how dire they thought his distribution was when he signed.

I agree that his distribution needs working on however I would imagine next season the tendency will be to throw the ball out to the back line to play it forward as we wi be very ineffective with the punt in the middle.

That aside he has played every single league game for us this season and has conceded less than one goal per game and in many instances was the sole reason we won games that perhaps without him we would have drawn.

He commands his area well, is very vocal and is an exclent reflex keeper. Sometimes he flaps at crosses and misses but don't all keepers?

He is an exceptional prospect and would for me be the most important player for us to retain.

I agree that his distribution needs working on however I would imagine next season the tendency will be to throw the ball out to the back line to play it forward as we wi be very ineffective with the punt in the middle.

That aside he has played every single league game for us this season and has conceded less than one goal per game and in many instances was the sole reason we won games that perhaps without him we would have drawn.

He commands his area well, is very vocal and is an exclent reflex keeper. Sometimes he flaps at crosses and misses but don't all keepers?

He is an exceptional prospect and would for me be the most important player for us to retain.
This!

I don't see where it says that, but they should be happy.

Edit: I didn't see it because I didn't look.

Do you always have to try and be so bloody pedantic.
Maybe he should have said Watford supporters.

Scroll to the bottom of the article, plenty of Watford supporters comments with nothing but good to say!

Scroll to the bottom of the article, plenty of Watford supporters comments with nothing but good to say!

I expect nothing less from BM. A Leopard never changes it's spots.

I reckon both parties have a good deal here. If Dyer can put in an average of 30+ games for Watford next season and him and Anya down both wings and Deeney (25 goals last season) and an.other up front. Then if they can sort out their shaky defence I can see Watford joining us in the Premier League in 2015-16

Last edited:

Good work, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00