Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah can we at least provide links or at least name sources if it was via the radio which I am guessing.

I know it tedious bollocks but it's still fun reading it.

An insane rumour if I ever saw one.

A clever diversionary tactic so nobody will suspect our true agenda.Clearly we'll be going in for half the Atletico squad after the Champion's League final,beating Bayern,Real & Barca to the punch.

From Twitter ...

John Percy ‏@John__Percy
Marc Albrighton move to #lcfc virtually agreed. Schmeichel and Nugent expected to sign new contracts shortly. Talks with Pearson ongoing

Looks a good move as a replacement for Dyer to me with him being one of Villas better players last season.

We need a right footed winger. Albrighton promised a lot at first but never really reached the level he was predicted to, I think many would have expected him to be an England international by now. If Pearson and Walsh still think he has ability and is malleable enough to develop further, then I'm happy.

Seen a few tweets that sum this up quite well for me.

'Not worth 35k a week Lcfc are reportedly offering, let him go and get someone else'.

'Albrighton hasn't improved in the last 4 years, it just looks like he has because the quality of his teammates have declined.'

Villa fans not bothered, City fans loving it. I don't understand? Seems very uninspiring to me and at a reported 35k p/w that would be a huge 'no' for me.

Seen a few tweets that sum this up quite well for me.

'Not worth 35k a week Lcfc are reportedly offering, let him go and get someone else'.

'Albrighton hasn't improved in the last 4 years, it just looks like he has because the quality of his teammates have declined.'

Villa fans not bothered, City fans loving it. I don't understand? Seems very uninspiring to me and at a reported 35k p/w that would be a huge 'no' for me.

They're Aston Villa fans. Miserable ****ers who support a sinking ship of a club who can't match the wages offered by a newly promoted team. We are getting a player they were all raving about before he had some injuries, I wouldn't bother yourself with what they have to say right now! :icon_bigg

The question is, do you trust our scouting network to make a good decision?

They're Aston Villa fans. Miserable ****ers who support a sinking ship of a club who can't match the wages offered by a newly promoted team. We are getting a player they were all raving about before he had some injuries, I wouldn't bother yourself with what they have to say right now! :icon_bigg

The question is, do you trust our scouting network to make a good decision?

I do usually but this one I think is incorrect. Here's a stat from Twitter (which of course could be complete shite) 'Marc Albrighton has more yellow cards than assists in his PL career'. For a supposedly creative player who has become a more regular player over the last 4 years, that is a horrendous statistic.

Last edited:
I think I'd sooner trust our management team than the demented rantings of some twat on a social network.

I've seen Villa a fair few times, and can't say I'm too impressed with MA. Certainly not a signing that excites me.

Having said that, I trust SW/NP. Plus we are desperately short of EPL^experience, and he's used to a relegation battle...

Villa fans saying they need better players? but in the same breath realising they cant even compete with a newly promoted side for the players they have got. Some irony there.

I think I'd sooner trust our management team than the demented rantings of some twat on a social network.

True, but if that statistic is correct it hardly screams out 'clubs should be queuing up to sign me' does it? Nor does it scream 'I'm worth 35k a week'.

Then again, where has it said that he's going to be on £35k a week?

Marc Albrighton seems like a nailed on Nigel Pearson type of signing.

Regardless of heights reached at a previous club, I am sure NP and his staff will have highlighted him as having the potential to improve dramatically in the correct club environment.

I quite like it and I think he will fit into the current character of the squad.

Then again, where has it said that he's going to be on £35k a week?

A journalist plucking figures again. Worth a gamble. Lost all his confidence through a set of injuries. Pearson probably reckons he can revitalise him and get him back to his best where he was excellent.

Listening to BBC Brum and West Mids, the Villa fans seem to think he's worth persisting with or more so than the duds Lambert has bought. Also mentioned on there that we have offered Billy Jones from WBA a deal and their fans didn't like that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669