Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know where else to post this but just watching Saturday Night Football on Sky and see that Kieren Westwood is out of contract in the summer. Could be worth looking into!

Didn't know where else to post this but just watching Saturday Night Football on Sky and see that Kieren Westwood is out of contract in the summer. Could be worth looking into!

I'll have a look and get back to you.

I saw a lot of him when he was at Carlisle and I expected him to become one of the top goalkeepers in the prem. Doesn't seem to have had much of an opportunity at Sunderland though.

Samuel Umtitti -Lyon defender latest link

He passes the Youtube test, let me just look him up on Football Manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
about time this was bumped up to the top - we should be seeing some better rumours over the next few weeks as conversations and meetings will actually take place as opposed to being in someones imagination.

notice that kasper is being mentioned again today in the papers. to keep hold of him, we will need to give him a pretty big resigning fee (especially as there is a potential wage cap of 30k being talked about). i expect that signing on fees will have to be used as a way of negotiatiing around any salary cap. regarding kasper, unless we are going to find someone out of contract, then we will have to pay a fee for them so we may as well offer him a fair proportion of that fee to resign. i would like him to stay but his retention would not be the most important piece of business that pearson will undertake this summer.

about time this was bumped up to the top - we should be seeing some better rumours over the next few weeks as conversations and meetings will actually take place as opposed to being in someones imagination.

notice that kasper is being mentioned again today in the papers. to keep hold of him, we will need to give him a pretty big resigning fee (especially as there is a potential wage cap of 30k being talked about). i expect that signing on fees will have to be used as a way of negotiatiing around any salary cap. regarding kasper, unless we are going to find someone out of contract, then we will have to pay a fee for them so we may as well offer him a fair proportion of that fee to resign. i would like him to stay but his retention would not be the most important piece of business that pearson will undertake this summer.

Our management are very good at keeping their interests out of the rumour mill.

Kasper to Arsenal was doing the rounds on Twitter today.

Could see it happening, more so than the Milan rumours but still expecting him to stay as he did say 'we' will have goal-line tech next year!

I can´t see Kasper moving away from the UK.....he´s been living and plying his trade there for a large part of his life and he seems to be as English as Danish bacon. Uprooting himself and his familily
would thus be highly unlikely.
Don´t know if he will stay with us, though.....big wage offers from Arse, manure and the likes, combined with pressure from his Dad and his agent could end up swaying him in a move to another premiership outfit.
If he does re-sign for LCFC (and I hope he does!), I can imagine there being an escape clause in his contract in the eventuality of relegation from the top flight.
I am still hoping that an "unofficial" deal has already been done, due to our promotion and this would explain the apparent lack of urgency with contract negotiations.

I can´t see Kasper moving away from the UK.....he´s been living and plying his trade there for a large part of his life and he seems to be as English as Danish bacon. Uprooting himself and his familily
would thus be highly unlikely.
Don´t know if he will stay with us, though.....big wage offers from Arse, manure and the likes, combined with pressure from his Dad and his agent could end up swaying him in a move to another premiership outfit.
If he does re-sign for LCFC (and I hope he does!), I can imagine there being an escape clause in his contract in the eventuality of relegation from the top flight.
I am still hoping that an "unofficial" deal has already been done, due to our promotion and this would explain the apparent lack of urgency with contract negotiations.

BBC is reporting that he has been contacted by Arsenal and Southampton so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670