Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say though the players we have been linked with so far hardly get my juices flowing. championship signings

Sometimes you can take an average player and mould him to be well above average. Add all of those together and the spirit and sum of those will compete competently at the highest level and bring results that on paper perhaps are not foreseen.

Sometimes you can take an average player and mould him to be well above average. Add all of those together and the spirit and sum of those will compete competently at the highest level and bring results that on paper perhaps are not foreseen.
Sounds familiar.....

Seen a few tweets that sum this up quite well for me.

'Not worth 35k a week Lcfc are reportedly offering, let him go and get someone else'.

'Albrighton hasn't improved in the last 4 years, it just looks like he has because the quality of his teammates have declined.'

Villa fans not bothered, City fans loving it. I don't understand? Seems very uninspiring to me and at a reported 35k p/w that would be a huge 'no' for me.

I watched him in a U21 @ Preston. He fell a long way below expectations. Naive and incompetent. I was surprised by the interest in him then, staggered by it now.

Marc Albrighton seems like a nailed on Nigel Pearson type of signing.

Regardless of heights reached at a previous club, I am sure NP and his staff will have highlighted him as having the potential to improve dramatically in the correct club environment.

I quite like it and I think he will fit into the current character of the squad.

Agreed. In advance of seeing them after they had played for us for a few months, I am sure many on here would have doubted the wisdom of bringing in a couple of wingers from French Division 2.

Agreed. In advance of seeing them after they had played for us for a few months, I am sure many on here would have doubted the wisdom of bringing in a couple of wingers from French Division 2.

Not really, because no one had a blind clue who they were.

We've all seen Albrighton play and know that he is complete wank

True, but if that statistic is correct it hardly screams out 'clubs should be queuing up to sign me' does it? Nor does it scream 'I'm worth 35k a week'.

It seems to me people have a problem with 35k, if the lad was under contract and we paid a £2m fee and £15k a week would people have had a problem then? Because you'd be spending roughly the same amount of money on the bloke over the course of his contract.

It seems to me people have a problem with 35k, if the lad was under contract and we paid a £2m fee and £15k a week would people have had a problem then? Because you'd be spending roughly the same amount of money on the bloke over the course of his contract.

I think then people would say "£2m ffs?!" or similar.

Seen a few tweets that sum this up quite well for me.

'Not worth 35k a week Lcfc are reportedly offering, let him go and get someone else'.

'Albrighton hasn't improved in the last 4 years, it just looks like he has because the quality of his teammates have declined.'

Villa fans not bothered, City fans loving it. I don't understand? Seems very uninspiring to me and at a reported 35k p/w that would be a huge 'no' for me.

Rather selective, how about some of these:

"Why would Aston villa release Marc Albrighton??? He's one of their better players,the club in being run into the ground,needs new owner soon"

"Can't believe we've let Albrighton go, he was one one of our best players #AVFC"

"Villa have released Albrighton? Only 18 PL players created more chances per game than him last year, and Villa weren't flush in that regard"

"Amazed Marc Albrighton has been released by Villa. He tortured Luke Shaw a month ago... And is much better than nearly every recent AV buy"

I could go on but you get the idea, there are as many of them as there are negative ones. So he's clearly someone who divides opinion, but these opinions are coming from Villa fans who think they should be challenging for the champions league and not just surviving... which is actually our aim.

What is it about 103 games (60 starts) producing 9 goals and 13 assists don't you like Homey?

Deary me indeed.

Last season he got 4 assists in 9 starts and 10 sub appearances. That's the same as players like Adebayor, Barry, Wilshere, Milner, Routledge, Bony, Lennon, Negrado, Fernandinho, Lampard, Bolasie, Januzaj, Adam... and they all had vastly more game time than he did.

He averages 1.8 key passes per game, which is only slightly less than Rooney, Navas, Lallana (1.9). The same as Henderson, johnson, Cabaye and more than Aguero, Sterling, Puncheon and most of the premier league as he was 18th in the Key passes list.

His stats for accurate crosses were even better averaging 2.2 accurate crosses per game. Which is better than snodgrass, Nasri, Whittingham, Navas, Ozil, in fact almost more than everyone in the league as he was second in that list.

I would have a problem with either, he isn't worth 2m or 35k IMO, but then again I've barely seen any of him.

Rather selective, how about some of these:

"Why would Aston villa release Marc Albrighton??? He's one of their better players,the club in being run into the ground,needs new owner soon"

"Can't believe we've let Albrighton go, he was one one of our best players #AVFC"

"Villa have released Albrighton? Only 18 PL players created more chances per game than him last year, and Villa weren't flush in that regard"

"Amazed Marc Albrighton has been released by Villa. He tortured Luke Shaw a month ago... And is much better than nearly every recent AV buy"

I could go on but you get the idea, there are as many of them as there are negative ones. So he's clearly someone who divides opinion, but these opinions are coming from Villa fans who think they should be challenging for the champions league and not just surviving... which is actually our aim.

True, I was rather selective. The one about the decline of the squad was one that really stood out to me because obviously Villa's squad has and I felt it made a valid point. The point being that Villa fans only want to hold onto him because the squad standard has declined, not because he's actually that good. I'm sure Villa fans are more realistic than expecting any European trips at the moment.

I had a chat with my mate (Villa fan) and he said that Albrighton has been a bit unlucky, not really developed as they had hoped. He had been behind Downing and Young when they were there so never really got a look in and then when they left he struggled with injury so hasn't really got going at Villa.

Last season he got 4 assists in 9 starts and 10 sub appearances. That's the same as players like Adebayor, Barry, Wilshere, Milner, Routledge, Bony, Lennon, Negrado, Fernandinho, Lampard, Bolasie, Januzaj, Adam... and they all had vastly more game time than he did.

He averages 1.8 key passes per game, which is only slightly less than Rooney, Navas, Lallana (1.9). The same as Henderson, johnson, Cabaye and more than Aguero, Sterling, Puncheon and most of the premier league as he was 18th in the Key passes list.

His stats for accurate crosses were even better averaging 2.2 accurate crosses per game. Which is better than snodgrass, Nasri, Whittingham, Navas, Ozil, in fact almost more than everyone in the league as he was second in that list.

I shall bow to your superior stats. I have only repeated what I have seen in that regard.

Last edited:

Oh piss off with your stats,

Homer has seen him play loads on MOTD and reckons he's utter wank, I know which I prefer to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669