The F A Cup 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luton-Millwall has a bit of history to it.

I remember it well. And the previous Round when they beat us at their place and they still had fans climbing the barriers trying to get at us. Had we won not sure if we'd got home unscathed that night.

Heres the Luton game and just realised who was in the Luton team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember it well. And the previous Round when they beat us at their place and they still had fans climbing the barriers trying to get at us. Had we won not sure if we'd got home unscathed that night.

Because our game had been called off initially the winners were to play Luton the following week. I think they Millwall used our match as a warm up. we were petrol bombed on the way to the ground and like you say they just swarmed over the barriers into our end after the game. I remember coming out of the ground after the match and seeing a city mini bus laying on its side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oldham equalise in the last seconds of the game with Everton and force a replay 2-2 the final score.
They deserved it, I thought Oldham put their everything into it. Even Dickov was there cheering his old team on, you would have thought he was still manager.

Last edited:
FA Cup quarter-final draw

Oldham Athletic or Everton v Wigan Athletic
Millwall v Blackburn Rovers
Manchester City v Barnsley
Manchester United or Reading v Middlesbrough or Chelsea

The ties will take place on the weekend of the 9 and 10 March.

Revised FA Cup quarter-final draw after Chelsea's easy victory tonight and Everton's win last night.

Everton v Wigan Athletic
Millwall v Blackburn Rovers
Manchester City v Barnsley
Manchester United v Chelsea

The ties will take place on the weekend of the 9 and 10 March.

Last edited:
So that means that if NP had selecting a full strenght team for the first Hudds match we would be on our way to the semis?
If he'd not been messing about we would have already won the cup by now. Sack him I say, the useless twat.

Chelsea came back from 2-0 down for a 2-2 draw against Man Utd.

Shit semi final draw... Chelsea/Man Utd to play Man City. Millwall/Blackburn vs Wigan.

That means Millwall, Blackburn or Wigan will now probably be in Europe next season...

Last edited:
It does, though I wouldn't bet on us beating Millwall, Blackbum or Wigan at the moment anyway.

Not now maybe, but when we were still in the cup we were a different proposition.
In years to come, I hope that Huddersfield game is not going to be looked upon like the dreaded Wycombe game is :(

It's the best draw possible, why would you want a cup final that already happens at least twice a year?

It's the best draw possible, why would you want a cup final that already happens at least twice a year?

Because it will be a better match for the neutral, as opposed to the semi-final being (probably) for the Cup.

There haven't been many exciting finals between two mis-matched opposition for a long time.

Because it will be a better match for the neutral, as opposed to the semi-final being (probably) for the Cup.

There haven't been many exciting finals between two mis-matched opposition for a long time.

I get what you are saying but it's simply another game that already happens twice a year.

The FA Cup is much betther when underdog v giant imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669