The Foreign Football Thread 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Heynckes is obviously a good manager, but he does tend to have Guttmann-esque journeyman status.

I would have thought with some of Bayern's great young players they'd have wanted a longer term manager to help develop them.

Milan derby tomorrow 7:45pm. Inter 2pts behind Milan at the top of Serie A.

All set up to be one of the most mouthwatering games of the season.

Last edited:
St Pauli v Schalke tonight ended after 87 minutes due to crowd trouble. Basically the linesmen got hit with a pint of beer, Schalke 2-0 up and Pauli were down to nine plus had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside.

Pauli have a real battle now to stay up.

They'll need some consoling. This should do the trick...

Bobbie-Sue-Luther.jpg

:038::038::038: What a glorious display of football from Milan! Essentially 6pts clear now they also have the best head to head record.

Personally I felt up until Chivu got sent off, Inter were edging it.

However they were absolutely terrible at the back, and not surprised Milan scored 3 past them. Classic Cassano!

Big win as well for Twente yesterday in their top of the table clash with PSV

More importantly, Jose Mourinho's 9 year unbeaten home record came to an end last night, as Madrid lost to Sporting Gijon. Barca beat Villarreal 1 nil away, opening up an 8 point gap.

Arguably the title races in England, Spain and maybe even Italy all ended yesterday

Last edited:
Napoli turn 0-2 to 2-2 in two minutes, then 2-3 to 4-3 all in the 2nd half against Lazio. Hattrick by Cavani. Entertaing stuff. Red card to Biava (lazio) and then two yellows to Sculli but wasn't sent off somehow!!!

Last edited:
More importantly, Jose Mourinho's 9 year unbeaten home record came to an end last night, as Madrid lost to Sporting Gijon. Barca beat Villarreal 1 nil away, opening up an 8 point gap.

Arguably the title races in England, Spain and maybe even Italy all ended yesterday

Napoli still only 3 point behind Milan after todays win so Serie A is still open I think.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Gotze lasting at Dortmund much longer, someone will come in for him in the summer.

Last edited:
Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Gotze lasting at Dortmund much longer, someone will come in for him in the summer.

Lovely little run for his goal wasn't it (although the finish seemed a bit lucky). I recently got ESPN (for the college basketball) so have seen a bit of the Bundesliga recently and he looks quality.

Cracking result for Milan today!

Pato scored his 50th league goal for Milan and he's still only 21(!) :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673