The Foreign Football Thread 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YOUTUBE]kwSewM50KsI[/YOUTUBE]

I watched 6th tier Spanish football in Tenerife.

The game was stopped on about 35 minutes as the ref was getting so much stick from the locals and he was worried about his safety. The game restarted with a Police presence and the removal of two fifty-odd year old's from one side of the pitch to the other.

It was unbelieveable the amount of gamesmanship on show. Off the ball kicks, diving and basically widespread cheating. Then the cliches of dodgy haircuts, a local nutter with a recorder noting the players etc and defenders who didn't want to head the ball. Certain players were technically superb....others shite beyond shite (to the standard I am probably better).

Enjoyable afternoon, though my choice of shorts and shirts was poor. Cold.

I was told after the game that the first team are a decent standard, fourth tier and 6th. Played in Tenerife Cup Final on Thursday hence no game this weekend.

Tweet from the Times' Gabrielle Marcotti:

Ibrahimovic has now won 8 consecutive league titles with 5 different clubs in 3 different countries..(good agent, eh?)

Impressive.

Real Madrid have signed Sahin. :(

Everyone knew he was off, but Madrid, ffs! Doubt he'll get a look in there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Dortmund will sell any other of their players tbh. The club don't need to sell. They've already rejected several offers for Subotic. In fact Subotic himself said he didn't want to go to Liverpool as he had more chance of winning things with Dortmund!

I'm not sure Dortmund will sell any other of their players tbh. The club don't need to sell. They've already rejected several offers for Subotic. In fact Subotic himself said he didn't want to go to Liverpool as he had more chance of winning things with Dortmund!

I'm sure I've seen quotes somewhere that agree with you. Something like given that Sahin is on his way to Madrid in the Summer, they don't want to sell anyone else.

Ronaldo is a beast. An absolute monumental player. And with him scoring his 49th goal this season he has broken the record for the most goals in a single season for a Real Madrid player - beating Ferenc Puskas.

62 league goals in 61 league games. Unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronaldo is a beast. An absolute monumental player. And with him scoring his 49th goal this season he has broken the record for the most goals in a single season for a Real Madrid player - beating Ferenc Puskas.

62 league goals in 61 league games. Unreal.

I agree. He actually gets somewhat underrated nowadays imo with all the talk of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. How he didn't get in the top 3 for last year's ballon d'or is beyond me.

I agree. He actually gets somewhat underrated nowadays imo with all the talk of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. How he didn't get in the top 3 for last year's ballon d'or is beyond me.

Indeed. Ronaldo and Messi are putting up numbers as if this were the 1940's and 1950's. It's absolutely ridiculous how much more superior these two are to everybody else in the game.

Wolfsburg are relegated as things stand, with Frankfurt leading Dortmund 1-0. Just two years after winning the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669