The future of Yann Kermorgant

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

What are peoples thoughts? Obviously I am Yann's number one fan, but all joking aside, I always felt the guy had good technique and was a notable threat in the air. His problem more than anything seems to be adapting to the pace of the English game.

I for one would more than happy to cheer him on if Sven decides to give him a chance. To be honest, I'm surprised he is even on the tour, as I felt he would have been cast aside like Moreno, Neilson etc. And credit to him, as based on reports sounds like he has been working hard in training, and was doing his best to impress last night.

Still get the feeling he will end up back in France at some point soon though.

He won't be here but I would back him. I like his name.

Call me a bitter and twisted miserable old tosser, but I stated after that Cardiff game that I would never wish to see him in a City shirt again - and my opinion hasn't changed a jot since then

Call me a bitter and twisted miserable old tosser, but I stated after that Cardiff game that I would never wish to see him in a City shirt again - and my opinion hasn't changed a jot since then

I think that's a very fair self-assessment Homer. But you are right about Kermorgant. He needs to be hung out to dry for the Cardiff incident. Unfair, disproportionate ? - possibly - but it fits. He f-cked up our season so quite rightly he should never play for us again. Anyway he is about League 2 standard at the very best.

I like him as a player and if it wasn't for that penalty then I think he would have done well for us last season, having eased himself into the team towards the end of the season. As you say DD, he showed good technique, has an eye for goal and isn't afraid to try something different to the rest, a bit like Paul Gallagher (except when he jumps, he actually intends to win the header).

I think the club let him be scared off too easily after the horror in Cardiff. Rather than support him we just let him walk out of the door to appease the fans, something that Sven will not allow if he likes him.

I think that's a very fair self-assessment Homer. But you are right about Kermorgant. He needs to be hung out to dry for the Cardiff incident. Unfair, disproportionate ? - possibly - but it fits. He f-cked up our season so quite rightly he should never play for us again. Anyway he is about League 2 standard at the very best.
What about Waghorn? Is he "league 2 standard at best" also? Or did you not see him miss the next penalty?

Yann didn't look good enough 2 years ago and I doubt a year in a struggling french team will have improved his game much since then.

If it wasn't for Yann we would not have had the new owners, cheers Yann.

Yann was reported to be finding it very hard to settle in England. If that's not changed, he won't be around for long.

I'm finding it very hard to settle in England.

I'm sure that even if he did score the penalty we would have only been level so not even like it would have taken us through and Waghorn missed too but everyone always seems to overlook that!!

Personally I'd like to see him given another chance, if we're going to have a target man in the squad then he's the best we have atm.

Last edited:
Dear bitter and twisted miserable old tosser - if everyone was dumped because of 1 mistake there'd be no one left at the club. Give the guy a chance and trust Sven's judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566