The future of Yann Kermorgant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sharapova

Forgetting about the penalty for the moment, the fact is, if we are serious about getting promoted he is not good enough. I feel sure Sven knows that. He's not going to say it out loud ( and quite right too ), but Sven knows it. He's had a look at Kermy in a nothing training game, nothing to get worked up about. If someone will take Kermy off our hands he will be out of the door smartish. If he starts a league game for us next season I will be amazed.

drummindefender

Forgetting about the penalty for the moment, the fact is, if we are serious about getting promoted he is not good enough. I feel sure Sven knows that. He's not going to say it out loud ( and quite right too ), but Sven knows it. He's had a look at Kermy in a nothing training game, nothing to get worked up about. If someone will take Kermy off our hands he will be out of the door smartish. If he starts a league game for us next season I will be amazed.

I don't think anyone sees him as being a starter. But I think he has just as much of a chance of being an important squad player as Waghorn and Howard do.

H T B

If he plays for us again, and we get a penalty, personally, I'd love it, I'd really love it, if he took it and tried the fancy stuff again.

Be able to hear the feckin moaning from the KP in Syston. :)

Redditch Fox

He simply chose the option that he thought was the best one, given what he had achieved with that technique in the past. He miss-hit it, plain and simple. If he made to correct connection with the ball, it would have sailed into the net, with the keeper looking like a fool. Nothing to do with arrogance or misunderstanding the situation. Waghorn's penalty was just as bad, alll things considered.

Personally I would prefer penalty takers to run up and give the ball a good whack preferably low and wide of the keeper.

Anyway we all have our opinions and mine is that we will have better strikers than him - and that he isn't likely to improve significantly. The side he played for last season got relegated and his goal tally has deteriorated in recent seasons. However, if he proves the doubters wrong then good luck to him. Leicester supporters are much the same as all fans - if a player plays well then they will back him irrespective (usually anyway).

homer

I never said anyone was racist ! its just I think some fans dismiss him as a result ie because he's french he doesn't understand the english game etc.

The fact that you would even think his race is an issue says more about you than anyone else

Quite why you would think this is relevant in any way is utterly beyond me

Last edited:

drummindefender

The fact that you would even think his race is an issue says more about you than anyone elseQuite why you would think this is relevant in any way is utterly beyond me
See the first post in the thread from just after he missed (even if it was bg!)

Brown Nose

With one exception (his goal against Boro), I never saw anything from him in 2009/10 to suggest he's worth a place in this squad. There is nothing from his record on loan last season that suggests this either.

His penalty miss is irrelevant.

lanxfox jnr

I think we should see how he plays for the first 2-3 games of the season, and then if Sven ses him as a potential member of the squad keep him and if not loan him out or sell him, harmless enough

Motown Fox

Wait until the opposition is one which you can gauge just how good or bad Yann is. Sirius were the right type of opposition to start our pre-season but they are no better than say a League 2 side and by the looks of things the standard of opposition gets better as each game comes along. So if Yann is still around in the 1st XI when the Real game comes along I will be very surprised.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

He probably only has to prove he is better than Howard to keep a place in the squad. He can compete against the forwards and probably right midfield.

DesertFox

I couldn't care less about where he's from or 'that' penalty. My main concern would be: is he good enough? A couple of seasons in France and a bit part in the Championship would suggest to me that he isn't, really. No doubt he's a technically gifted player, but he's not prolific in front of goal and despite being an excellent header of the ball, he's not very commanding in the air. He could play in midfield but would he be that effective? So what exactly do you do with him? Who do you drop?

He could be back up for Gallagher I suppose, someone who's capable of a bit of inspiration. But I'm afraid I see Yann as the new Gareth Williams, one of the best players in the squad but in reality not much use on the pitch.

I'm sure that will upset some of you. :)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
He probably only has to prove he is better than Howard to keep a place in the squad. He can compete against the forwards and probably right midfield.

That would be my feeling on the matter too. And the ways he can prove he is better than Howard can listed as:
  1. not being so handy with his elbows
  2. not constantly moaning to referees
  3. not being such a general mardy arse
I don't think anybody is arguing that he will make the preferred starting line-up, but he is certainly worth a squad place with our current personnel.

Han

That would be my feeling on the matter too. And the ways he can prove he is better than Howard can listed as:
I don't think anybody is arguing that he will make the preferred starting line-up, but he is certainly worth a squad place with our current personnel.
I wouldn't have him in the starting line-up but he's definitely a player worth having in the squad.

He's already ahead of Howard, judging by your criteria!

Profondo Rosso

You forgot to mention breaking up countless attacks by giving away so many stupid and niggly fouls.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
You forgot to mention breaking up countless attacks by giving away so many stupid and niggly fouls.

4. breaking up countless attacks by giving away so many stupid and niggly fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670