The future of Yann Kermorgant

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Waghorn? Is he "league 2 standard at best" also? Or did you not see him miss the next penalty?

As I see it the Kermorgant miss was an act of self-indulgence. He did not seem to take on board the seriousness of the situation.

Yes - saw the Waghorn miss. But no one could accuse Waghorn of any lack of commitment over the 2009/10 season. No, Waghorn isn't League 2 standard at best. He's better than that. He's a real trier and it's not his fault that we paid an absurdly OTT fee for him.

As I see it the Kermorgant miss was an act of self-indulgence. He did not seem to take on board the seriousness of the situation.

Yes - saw the Waghorn miss. But no one could accuse Waghorn of any lack of commitment over the 2009/10 season. No, Waghorn isn't League 2 standard at best. He's better than that. He's a real trier and it's not his fault that we paid an absurdly OTT fee for him.

Are you Stringer in disguise? There is no basis for that arguement, no-one but the man himself knows what his thinking behind it was. You can't class it as "self indulgence" when there is no way of proving it. It was stupid, but I really don't think he was arrogant or anything like that. He looked as nervous as anyone walking up to take that penalty.

Are you Stringer in disguise? There is no basis for that arguement, no-one but the man himself knows what his thinking behind it was. You can't class it as "self indulgence" when there is no way of proving it. It was stupid, but I really don't think he was arrogant or anything like that. He looked as nervous as anyone walking up to take that penalty.

I'm not sure that proof is a requirement to make a comment. If it was then the threads would be pretty empty. I saw what I saw and he basically took a high risk option that didn't reflect the needs of the situation. Anyway, I assumed that he had gone for good - and its disappointing that no club has so far snapped up his amazing talents. Somehow I doubt that he will get on the team sheet anyway this season.

I'm not sure that proof is a requirement to make a comment. If it was then the threads would be pretty empty. I saw what I saw and he basically took a high risk option that didn't reflect the needs of the situation. Anyway, I assumed that he had gone for good - and its disappointing that no club has so far snapped up his amazing talents. Somehow I doubt that he will get on the team sheet anyway this season.
He simply chose the option that he thought was the best one, given what he had achieved with that technique in the past. He miss-hit it, plain and simple. If he made to correct connection with the ball, it would have sailed into the net, with the keeper looking like a fool. Nothing to do with arrogance or misunderstanding the situation. Waghorn's penalty was just as bad, alll things considered.

Waghorn's penalty was just as bad, alll things considered.

It could be argued that the pathetic attempt by Kermorgant put extra undue pressure on Waghorn.

It could be argued that the pathetic attempt by Kermorgant put extra undue pressure on Waghorn.
He still would've had to score, regardless of Kermorgant's miss. You could argue that Yann missing reduced the pressure somewhat as the blame would be shared (although it wasn't).

He still would've had to score, regardless of Kermorgant's miss. You could argue that Yann missing reduced the pressure somewhat as the blame would be shared (although it wasn't).

Exactly. But Waggy runs his socks off, whilst Yann is french

Exactly. But Waggy runs his socks off, whilst Yann is french

In all of the circumstances that is the only sensible conclusion that you can come to. And if Yann continues like he did last night, when he was the best of the forwards, he will certainly find himself in the team sooner or later. If Leicester fans fail to support him, it is their problem and not his.

If Leicester fans fail to support him, it is their problem and not his.

Sadly, it will become a problem to him if the fans don't support him.

I'm sure they will though. You couldn't find a fairer minded lot than our lot :icon_wink

Last edited:
For the umpteenth time, he mis-hit the peno. It successfully sent the keeper the wrong way but it was too weak. An Uruguay player did in a World Cup Quarter-Final and it worked labelled a hero. It wasn't an arrogant attempt, that's bollocks. It was an attempted tactic, the same as shuffling your run-up. There was more calculation in it than booting the ball as hard as you could.

Not interested in the peno, l'eau sous le pont.

My objection is that in the games he played in 09-10, he was usually peripheral or uninvolved in any attacking moves, and with the ball most of the things he did (occasionally good admittedly) were ponderous. Does Sven's "heavy legs" comment just mean the rest of the team slowed down to his pace last night - because I don't believe a 30 year old will ever speed up.

Not interested in the peno, l'eau sous le pont.

My objection is that in the games he played in 09-10, he was usually peripheral or uninvolved in any attacking moves, and with the ball most of the things he did (occasionally good admittedly) were ponderous.

Exactly how I feel on the subject. Fact is, had he not ballsed up that penalty he could have easily just disappeared that summer without anyone giving a shit either way.

I just want to point out I have no problems with criticism of his performances (for me he had super technique but the division was too cut and thrust for him). It's criticism for the peno; if we're picking on mistakes for ruining a season. Weale should be booed, Naughton bollocked for piss poor marking of his back post, Bamba for being a showpony, Wellens for ball dwelling and Waghorn for getting over excited whenever he had a chance to shoot within the 18 yard box.

Sadly, it will become a problem to him if the fans don't support him.

I'm sure they will though. You couldn't find a fairer minded lot than our lot :icon_wink

Why would it be a problem for him? He's going to get paid any way. If his form suffers, we suffer.

As for fair-minded City fans, they might be where you sit at the front so you can see the match - age being what it is - but up at the back, they not.

One of the few forwards we have had in recent years that can jump for a ball and actually direct the header to the feet of a player or into open space to run onto.

What about Waghorn? Is he "league 2 standard at best" also? Or did you not see him miss the next penalty?
waghorn missed a pen yes but he didnt take it like a retard, even the best penno takers miss , i.e linekar, if kermogant pulls on a blue shirt for us i will back him but please dont let him take a pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669