Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t saying it was credible. My point was that there seems to be a national media obsession with publishing stories linking our staff to Manchester clubs, more specifically the red one.

This is the challenge we face. Many of our players will be linked with the bigger clubs and even though Man U are crap nowadays and will probably continue to be crap no matter who they sign - they'll want to go for the money. However whilst they're under contract then it's tough. I'd suggest for Maddison we should be looking for Coutinho-money, well into three figures and even then we need to make sure our own house is in order by bringing in a potential replacement ahead of time - I suspect this was the main reason Maguire was allowed to leave as we'd already bought in Soyuncu and Benkovic the previous year and they'd had some time to bed in - we played the situation well. On the evidence of the Newcastle game, we needn't fear Maddison moving on either as Dennis Praet filled in just nicely.

Man Utd are 'tracking' Maddison again according to BBC Gossip. You don't have to be ****ing Rambo to be able to track him, he's banging in the goals and assists that are keeping us 7 places above you, you f*cking clowns! Save some scouting money and watch the 1st or 2nd game for the next 4 or 5 weeks on MOTD....

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Turkish teenager Burak Ince. The 15-year-old midfielder has already attracted interest from Manchester City, Lille and Freiburg.

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Turkish teenager Burak Ince. The 15-year-old midfielder has already attracted interest from Manchester City, Lille and Freiburg.
Paul the other one.

Just spotted this in today's BBC Gossip after seeing they are losing 2-0 to Brighton.
Couldn't stop laughing.
It's the funniest most ridiculous thing written all season.

Tottenham have made Leicester City and England playmaker James Maddison, 22, their number one target to replace 27-year-old Denmark international Christian Eriksen, whose contract with Spurs expires at the end of the season. (Mirror)

Just spotted this in today's BBC Gossip after seeing they are losing 2-0 to Brighton.
Couldn't stop laughing.
It's the funniest most ridiculous thing written all season.

Tottenham have made Leicester City and England playmaker James Maddison, 22, their number one target to replace 27-year-old Denmark international Christian Eriksen, whose contract with Spurs expires at the end of the season. (Mirror)

Makes me laugh when they quote a figure of £60 million I mean where on earth did they dream that price up from, Leicester will finish above Spuds & Mank U

This will cheer you all up. Apparently, we are preparing for life after Chilwell. Alan Nixon was the journalist that called the Rodgers deal well before anyone else so he must have some decent sources.

Chilwell has clearly conned Pep and Lampard as well as Rodgers.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10074136/leicester-left-back-chilwell-50m-exit/

I'll be happy to take a very large sum.

Unlike pep, I watch him every week.

Hype is not being backed up by performance, including against the poorer sides

This will cheer you all up. Apparently, we are preparing for life after Chilwell. Alan Nixon was the journalist that called the Rodgers deal well before anyone else so he must have some decent sources.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10074136/leicester-left-back-chilwell-50m-exit/
So we’re looking at an 18 year old League One attacker to replace our England left back? Yeah, makes sense that.

£50 Million Lol just hope Leicester have a good poker face when we take that, don't take add on's just the full amount upfront,piss ourselves laughing once the check clears.
Chiwell's positional sense is poor, opposition players get past him far to easily & going forward it ends up going backwards or losing possession, I'd happily let him leave for 10% of that amount.

£50 Million Lol just hope Leicester have a good poker face when we take that, don't take add on's just the full amount upfront,piss ourselves laughing once the check clears.
Chiwell's positional sense is poor, opposition players get past him far to easily & going forward it ends up going backwards or losing possession, I'd happily let him leave for 10% of that amount.
You’d let an England left back with over 100 premier league appearances leave for 5m?
I hope you aren’t involved in sales or negotiations at work.

Guardiola, a man who spent hundreds of millions on the likes of Nolito, Bravo, Keirrison, Hleb and Chygrynskiy to name but a few and Frank Lampard, a rookie manager working for a club that spent £30m on Danny Drinkwater.

I'm pretty sure we don't need to 'con' them if history serves. If we can get anywhere near £50m (which is bonkers) we should snap their hands off and send them a Christmas card every year. We can then buy a proper LB who is able to tackle, cross and/or beat a man.

Out of interest, how much do you guys slating Chilwell value Barnes at?

When I read the Chilwell story I laughed at £50m and thought double that then come on here and people are saying we are ripping them off at that??

This place has some very strange opinions at times.

If he went for 50 I’d be annoyed.

English, first choice left back, 22, and highly rated.

That said if Chilwell is our annual big departure and it meant we kept Ricky, Wilf, Maddison, Youri etc...

I want to be clear that I don’t have a real problem with Chilwell and I do see the talent and importance. But he is well off the boil this season so far and anyone that can’t see that is arguing in bad faith. If there are legs to this story, perhaps that’s serving as a distraction for him.

As for the Barnes comparison...when he’s got to 100 appearances for us I’ll judge him the same way as Chilwell. Like Gray. Barnes is fitful at the moment but it’s genuinely his first full season in the first team.

Out of interest, how much do you guys slating Chilwell value Barnes at?

When I read the Chilwell story I laughed at £50m and thought double that then come on here and people are saying we are ripping them off at that??

This place has some very strange opinions at times.
Any stranger than valuing Ben Chilwell as the most expensive defender in history (£100m?!) given his performances this season and for the latter part of the previous season?

Football is ****ing broken.

if we were to lose 1 player next summer then yes Chilwell is the most easily replaceable but here's a novel idea ,don't let anyone go after we finish in the top 4 ...

if we were to lose 1 player next summer then yes Chilwell is the most easily replaceable but here's a novel idea ,don't let anyone go after we finish in the top 4 ...
Yes. Just what the top clubs do. Don't replace anyone for better players.

You’d let an England left back with over 100 premier league appearances leave for 5m?
I hope you aren’t involved in sales or negotiations at work.

Yes playing for England is really something amazing that only the best players can strive to achieve, oh wait England are truly shit & dish caps out to players that haven't even kicked a ball in the league, yeah we beat the mighty working men's club in qualifications then get rolled over as soon as we play a side who don't show up pissed & even then I doubt England would win, saying Chiwell plays for England so he must be worth more is debatable.

I watch Chiwell every home game & he is dreadful how Fuchs isn't getting a game I will never no so yeah if someone stupid enough & comes along & offers £5 million I would take it before he becomes yet another player we can't give away & we already have a few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757