Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did Evans actually cost us? Vardy was a million and Mahrez 450 grand I think
Evans was either £3m or £3.5m depending on where you read the price, given they turned down offers of £30m plus the previous windows...

Relegation release clauses are brilliant for a buying club

I was listening to the Monday Night Club podcast from 5Live, they seemed to be under the impression that Maguire would be appointed captain when he arrived at United.

If he wanted the captaincy here to stay would you be in favour of giving it to him? Especially with Wes unlikely to play

read else where Villa and Dortmund are after Harry Wilson who is available for just £15m, absolute bargain price

I was listening to the Monday Night Club podcast from 5Live, they seemed to be under the impression that Maguire would be appointed captain when he arrived at United.

If he wanted the captaincy here to stay would you be in favour of giving it to him? Especially with Wes unlikely to play

Sounds like a wasted listen if that's the kind of made up bollocks they spout

So much disrespect for our club from the mainstream media. We should say no to set a marker. He can go next year. He wanted a five year deal on improved terms... well it works both ways.

Brighton have just spunked £20m on a championship centre back.

Possible replacement for Dunk who will replace Maguire here??

Edit - Not signed just yet but expecting to.

So much disrespect for our club from the mainstream media. We should say no to set a marker. He can go next year. He wanted a five year deal on improved terms... well it works both ways.
yes and its pissing off the higher ups at the club, I expect a few journalists will find themselves unable to access the ground or training ground fairly soon

I love that we are being so stubborn. It is about time that a club made one of the big boys work incredibly hard for a deal.

Not captaincy for me. Too unpredictable. Would have Vardy or Kasper first.

I love that we are being so stubborn. It is about time that a club made one of the big boys work incredibly hard for a deal.

Dragging this move out only benefits us if we get a ridiculous fee or keep Maguire. If we cave in, we've made a mess of it.

Two years ago, we were stubborn with Drinkwater and ended up totally messing up the situation by failing to sign Silva before the deadline.

One year ago, we caved in on Mahrez selling him for considerably less than we'd been quoting Man City for months. I expect that this is the deal that gives Man Utd hope that we'll do the same again.

If we end up with some overpriced half wit like Dunk or Tarkowski in defence this season, our pants will have been pulled down.

Dragging this move out only benefits us if we get a ridiculous fee or keep Maguire. If we cave in, we've made a mess of it.

Two years ago, we were stubborn with Drinkwater and ended up totally messing up the situation by failing to sign Silva before the deadline.

One year ago, we caved in on Mahrez selling him for considerably less than we'd been quoting Man City for months. I expect that this is the deal that gives Man Utd hope that we'll do the same again.

If we end up with some overpriced half wit like Dunk or Tarkowski in defence this season, our pants will have been pulled down.
And if Man Utd pay 90 million will their pants still be up?

I think a great statement from the club would be to make a big pre-emptive, non defensive signing, whether that be Praet or someone we haven't been linked with yet.
If we end up selling Maguire for £90m I seriously don't think we will suffer a great deal in terms of standard of play straight off the bat. Either Morgan or Soyuncu alongside Evans would be strong. The main issue for me will be the impact on people like Chilwell, Choudhury, Barnes, Gray and Maddison who must all see Maguire as a trailblazer who has established himself as a mainstay of the England side whilst at Leicester.
If it affects their commitment, confidence or spirit then we will have dropped a real bollock. Only way to mitigate that will be to have a clear contingency plan to put in place immediately and a shiny attacking addition to take focus away from the back four.

While I wouldn't be worried about our safety if Maguire left I do think it'd affect our European aspirations. I rate Soyuncu but hes not experienced at the highest level like Maguire is now and he's still learning. Having said that, Maguire himself is still prone to a lapse in concentration at the back every now and then...

The statement I'd like to see us make is 'not for sale - end of' for this season. We have some great players at the club and coming through that a lot of the big clubs want. Ricardo, Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Vardy, Schmeichel.. if we can keep them together we should be one of the clubs that's capable of winning some silverware. Would still like to see us add a quality wide player though..

Percy says we have quoted both Manchester clubs £85m plus add ons.

We've had one offer from each, the highest of which was £60m from United. The last bid was almost month ago.

The last few weeks has just been a crazed agent spreading bullshit to try to get United to offer more or us to compromise. Neither has happened.

Either the buying club or us will have to completely change their approach to make this happen in the next 8 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669