Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Percy says we have quoted both Manchester clubs £85m plus add ons.

We've had one offer from each, the highest of which was £60m from United. The last bid was almost month ago.

The last few weeks has just been a crazed agent spreading bullshit to try to get United to offer more or us to compromise. Neither has happened.

Either the buying club or us will have to completely change their approach to make this happen in the next 8 days.
I don't think we will budge. I wonder how desperate United are for his signature.

This Maguire thing is tedious now. Can we not just say no. They have had all of July, we need to focus on our season now.

This Maguire thing is tedious now. Can we not just say no. They have had all of July, we need to focus on our season now.

I think Rodgers has indicated that is what will happen and the window closes early for Maguire. Of course, Rodgers isn't the guy who decides these things however strong his influence.

I think Rodgers has indicated that is what will happen and the window closes early for Maguire. Of course, Rodgers isn't the guy who decides these things however strong his influence.
I understand the Maguire deadline is this Friday from what Brendan said last Saturday.

If he starts against Atlanta then surely he's not going to be sold.
Is that how it works in modern times? You're only selling stuff what's in the warehouse, not the shop window. I am out of touch.

It's only tedious because of the ridiculous media furore. If United were serious they'd understand we have no need to sell Maguire and they'd have stumped up the cash.

the latest story Sky are going with is, if we sell Maguire, we would replace him with James Tarkowski, who has a £50m buy out clause in his contract, Burnley would then replace him with Gary Cahill

the latest story Sky are going with is, if we sell Maguire, we would replace him with James Tarkowski, who has a £50m buy out clause in his contract, Burnley would then replace him with Gary Cahill
correction they said if we choose to sign a replacement we'd go for Tarkowski

oh forgot to mention earlier an Oxford fan popped up on FoxesTalk asking about Elliot Moore as he had been linked with them on a permanent transfer

So bored of these, but TalkSport "breaking news" that Man Utd have made a revised £80m offer for Maguire.

Apparently it's their final offer and they've given us until Monday to accept.

Should add - still think these rumours are bullshit, but Jason Bourne aka 4-4-2, tweeted the added bit about this being their final offer.

So bored of these, but TalkSport "breaking news" that Man Utd have made a revised £80m offer for Maguire.

Apparently it's their final offer and they've given us until Monday to accept.

There’s some magic tweets out there from entitled Man U fans aren’t there? Just read one saying how much they hate us as a club now as we’ve wasted their time all summer. I’m sorry, exactly how have we been wasting anyone’s time?

There’s some magic tweets out there from entitled Man U fans aren’t there? Just read one saying how much they hate us as a club now as we’ve wasted their time all summer. I’m sorry, exactly how have we been wasting anyone’s time?

Me: I really like that Gibson 59 Les Paul. How much?

Shop owner: £750,000 sir.

Me: I have 1,000. Will that do?

Shop owner: No.

(Repeat every day for the next month as I pass the same guitar shop with the same answer)...

Me on day 30 of making the same offer: I hate you ****s you have wasted my summer. You have til Monday to accept.

Who is the **** people. Who is the ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669