Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Chelsea are interested in Messi, so maybe couldn't afford Chilwell as well.

Can any club afford to buy Messi? It is reported his £45 million a year can cost a gross £90 million a year!

And then there is the small matter of a transfer fee/release clause, anything from free to £650 million!

Chilwell would be loose change down the back of the sofa by comparison!

Can any club afford to buy Messi? It is reported his £45 million a year can cost a gross £90 million a year!

And then there is the small matter of a transfer fee/release clause, anything from free to £650 million!

Chilwell would be loose change down the back of the sofa by comparison!

Man City can, becuase they do nice cheating to make sure they can afford it. Not the bad kind, only the nice kind that gets a tickle from authorities rather than the sanctions it should.

Man City can, becuase they do nice cheating to make sure they can afford it. Not the bad kind, only the nice kind that gets a tickle from authorities rather than the sanctions it should.
Man City because they are state sponsored FC

Interesting noises coming out of Celtic this evening after they bombed out of the Champions League.

Lennon saying some players heart not in it and if they want to leave they can.

We've been linked to three of their players: McGregor was the first target last summer when we ended up with Praet. Edouard and Ajer are also BR favourites.

Maybe we've been holding on to see if they got through to the group stage of or not?

Interesting noises coming out of Celtic this evening after they bombed out of the Champions League.

We've been linked to three of their players: McGregor was the first target last summer when we ended up with Praet. Edouard and Ajer are also BR favourites.

Maybe we've been holding on to see if they got through to the group stage of or not?
Maybe we’ll bring them all in. We need a striker if we’re going to play two up top regularly. We definitely need a centre back. And although we don’t need a central midfielder really, we will if we sell Praet.

Just over 2 weeks to go and we’re crying out for a left back, a centre back, a winger and a striker. What the chuff is happening?

can someone explain Financial Fair Play to me. Chelsea’s accounts: -

EA671D48-5FED-4C71-9BBF-D390E95AFD96.jpeg

If in your last filed Accounts you can post a loss of £96 million and then go and spunk a load more on several players without selling anyone of note, that doesn’t seem particularly like living within your means. :102:

Perhaps I am missing how this works. If it really is meaningless perhaps King Power would like to spend some money on players. To date they haven’t really. Not of any note, and not without selling first. It’s always pretty much cost neutral.

I remember the last time we had a promising SPL manager and we signed the cream of Scottish footballing talent from that division. Could it be. Could we really be about to delight in the modern day equivalents of Alan Maybury, Mark de Vreis, Patrick Kisnorbo, Momo Sylla, Rab Douglas and Scotty too hotty Gemmill. Exciting times.

If I hadn’t seen such riches...

can someone explain Financial Fair Play to me. Chelsea’s accounts: -

View attachment 15420

If in your last filed Accounts you can post a loss of £96 million and then go and spunk a load more on several players without selling anyone of note, that doesn’t seem particularly like living within your means. :102:

Perhaps I am missing how this works. If it really is meaningless perhaps King Power would like to spend some money on players. To date they haven’t really. Not of any note, and not without selling first. It’s always pretty much cost neutral.

They sold Hazard and Morata for £150m+ whilst they were banned from signing players.

Knocked out of the Champions League in the qualifiers by Ferencváros? Gerremin

I do wonder why since THAT season and before, we have never been able to change successfully from 4 at the back. Nor have we been able to be a possession-based team who can actually score goals and kill it in the final third.

No matter the manager we haven't been successful In changing formation or being that possession-based-succesfully-attacking-team Royal Ranieri tried it, Pauper Puel and Benign Brendan (some success for a few months i guess), so why is that?

In 16/17 I understood it to be because we had players who just weren't right for different formations. That basically 4-4-2 ( or 1 - 1) was how we played best. That we didn't have players who were especially technical or excellent in possession.

But since then? Ndidi is the ultimate centre-back bouncer, Ricardo and Chilwell were decent attackers out wide and in Vardy we have a top striker in front of a decent midfield. Sure we lack the third quality CB, but was that it?? If so, i don't get why a top CB wasn't signed in the last two windows.

I hope Benkovic becomes our hero and we sign one more quality CB. At this rate, I'll settle for 3 quality new signings but i was hoping for about 5: a left back, a striker, a Mahrez, a CB and a quality midfield scrapper.

If we're limited I'd say get that left back, get that CB and get a Mahrez. Of course if Vardy is out we're ****ed again.

Last edited:
Well I’m about to start work and I am confident that when I check at lunch...

:tumbleweed:

and when I check again this evening...

:tumbleweed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00