Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts on the Fofana situation. We won't consider letting him go unless the fee is a world record for a defender. He would like to join Chelsea (as most ambitious professional would) but he will stay and work hard for the team if things do not materialise. We are also not particularly interested as buying replacements at this stage would not be easy at all. The likelihood is, Fofana will be a Leicester player for the remainder of this season.

I'm a bit shocked no-one has come in for him to be honest.
Maybe, as finances are generally tight, clubs would rather wait and get him for free.

Maybe Tielemans is also content with this situation as he may well earn more money out of it.

Maybe, as finances are generally tight, clubs would rather wait and get him for free.

Maybe Tielemans is also content with this situation as he may well earn more money out of it.
A year sitting on the bench isn't going to do Soyuncu a great deal of good. I suspect he'd rather move.

Youri is getting games and has a bigger reputation than Cags.

Not exactly like for like in my opinion.

A year sitting on the bench isn't going to do Soyuncu a great deal of good. I suspect he'd rather move.

Youri is getting games and has a bigger reputation than Cags.

Not exactly like for like in my opinion.
Maybe a different attitude being shown behind the scenes too, perhaps?

Here are my thoughts on the Fofana situation. We won't consider letting him go unless the fee is a world record for a defender. He would like to join Chelsea (as most ambitious professional would) but he will stay and work hard for the team if things do not materialise. We are also not particularly interested as buying replacements at this stage would not be easy at all. The likelihood is, Fofana will be a Leicester player for the remainder of this season.
We hope he will work hard for the team if he doesn’t get his move. But that is far from a guarantee

Well he has not been as bad as Mahrez ..... for now
He certainly hasn't refused to play (not yet anyway). That is why I will never wish Mahrez the best. I didn't begrudge his move to Man City. He deserved to perform at the highest stage. And if he had handled the move better I would want him to go on and succeed. Oh and then there was the bollox where he later claimed that Leicester cost him 'two years' of his career.

But in the two games this season, Fofana has been a shadow of himself and was downright awful at the Emirates. That could continue (obviously, it could also not ) if he's here until January and sulking.

If he really wants to go we have to move him out quickly, assuming we have a replacement(s) targeted. I don't want a mardy arsed Frenchman sulking & pouting around the club for months. I can't prove it obviously but I suspect Fofana would be exactly that type. If we stop him moving he'll chuck it in. Take the money & reboot before all the available players are ****ing gone.

If he really wants to go we have to move him out quickly, assuming we have a replacement(s) targeted. I don't want a mardy arsed Frenchman sulking & pouting around the club for months. I can't prove it obviously but I suspect Fofana would be exactly that type. If we stop him moving he'll chuck it in. Take the money & reboot before all the available players are ****ing gone.

One slight issue is that Chelsea have 'only' offered £62.5m. We're a long way from an agreement.

I think some of our fans are more dramatic than the players they talk about. The merest mention on twitter, by some spotty teenager who includes the word "insider" in his bio, about one of our players leaving and all of a sudden said player is a wanker/****/twat/similar* and they're all over him.

I'm sure we'd all consider a move, were we professional footballers and in a similar boat, even if we played for the team we support. It's the way the game works and we do it to teams further down the food chain. Instead, we behave like love-sick kids and throw our toys out the pram.

It's fine to not want it to happen, to worry about what happens to us if a player leaves, discuss the merits of it and talk about replacements etc, but do we really need to slam them and call them all the names under the sun? It just makes us look like bitter kids.

(* Delete as appropriate)

One slight issue is that Chelsea have 'only' offered £62.5m. We're a long way from an agreement.
Yeah they can **** off with that.

Quote them 90, accept 80 & it's all good. Any less & we can take the chance & tell them to **** off.

I think some of our fans are more dramatic than the players they talk about. The merest mention on twitter, by some spotty teenager who includes the word "insider" in his bio, about one of our players leaving and all of a sudden said player is a wanker/****/twat/similar* and they're all over him.

I'm sure we'd all consider a move, were we professional footballers and in a similar boat, even if we played for the team we support. It's the way the game works and we do it to teams further down the food chain. Instead, we behave like love-sick kids and throw our toys out the pram.

It's fine to not want it to happen, to worry about what happens to us if a player leaves, discuss the merits of it and talk about replacements etc, but do we really need to slam them and call them all the names under the sun? It just makes us look like bitter kids.

(* Delete as appropriate)
I have a different focus.

Any excuse to slag off the French & I'm all over it.

Miles better than Scousers obviously but still a nest of ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46