Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, a Nottingham team have agreed a fee of £44.5 million for Gibbs-White. Will be their 16th summer signing. Truly, the football world has gone mad.

Meanwhile, a Nottingham team have agreed a fee of £44.5 million for Gibbs-White. Will be their 16th summer signing. Truly, the football world has gone mad.
They haven't. It's a fee of £25m. Still ludicrous but just not as bonkers.

I've been pondering on BRs comments this week.

Especially his strong assertion that he had clearly defined targets for transfer this summer that he spent his holiday persuading to join us.

This contradicts his previously stated timings about when he was told that there was no money.

Where did these transfer targets come from? BR said that they had been identified months before. That means that they would be Congerton/Rodgers targets.

What would happen if BRs bosses didn't trust that these were good signings? They clearly recognised that Congerton was a dud and they'd made an error allowing BR to take charge of the recruitment.

What you might decide to do is to place financial constraints on the manager until his targets cannot be obtained any more.

Meanwhile you bring in a new head of recruitment and redress the recruitment policy and targets.

If you don't want to sack your coach because he's doing a decent job, but you do need to wrestle control away from him, isn't what has happened exactly what you'd do?

It seems to me that BR knows this. He's not daft. Hence his obvious frustration and simmering petulance.

Moving forward, the key is whether BRs original targets remain available or not? And how much work Glover has been able to do to sort out the mess behind the scenes despite not officially being allowed to.

If we now present BR with new targets, how does he react? Will he accept the change in responsibility or not?

I can imagine this sort of stand off between the club and the manager playing out exactly how we're seeing it.

Huge amount of internal politics going on at the moment.

Anything that readdresses the balance is good.

I wonder whether Top has struggled and then put too much trust in BR. If anyone went through what he has and still has to run a football club and businesses then maybe you'd pass on responsibility to people you pay well to make decisions (BR?) while you adapt and cope with the change.

I just made this up so obvious BS, but I wonder.....

It’s about time we stopped being so nice. Either he’s for sale or he’s not. If he is, stop giving us all the “he’s not for sale” shit and tell Chelsea it’s this price and you’ve got three days or **** off. If he’s not then how has he agreed personal terms as we’ve been led to believe and report Chelsea for tapping up. Either way piss or get off the pot.

Well I back Top, obviously.

It's clear there is something going on, BR is desperate to mention the lack of support in every interview.

Seems to me that we don't want to sack him because of the cost but we also doing want to back him.

I hope we are learning lessons from this, because the upper management have royally ****ed up.

It's clear there is something going on, BR is desperate to mention the lack of support in every interview.

Seems to me that we don't want to sack him because of the cost but we also doing want to back him.

I hope we are learning lessons from this, because the upper management have royally ****ed up.

Doesn't he do this at every club? See also, all going well until he signs his mate's recommend load of shite.

It’s an enormous **** up. To get yourself locked into a scenario where you potentially have to pay close to £30m to sack a manager is shocking.

I’d have him on a performance review. He’d then throw his toys and threaten constructive dismissal, and we would do a deal for him to **** off somewhere in the middle.

The way out is with a deal by ‘mutual consent’ so both parties win :

For Brendan: He can walk away with reputation intact, with it all being blamed on the Club’s lack of investment

For LCFC: We can get rid of the hopeless ****, on the cheap

Win Win

Can't we just pay him until villa/man utd employ him? That's a win win for everyone that's not villa/man utd
Was just coming into this thread to post exactly the same.

That's what Spurs did with Potch before he went to PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46