Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

What about BR admitting that he spent his summer holidays speaking to our targets persuading them to join?
How do you know if that’s true or bears and resemblance to what Chelsea and Fofana are trying to pull?

alex

How do we know BR hasn’t been let down here? How do we know that the Chief Execs of the club haven’t been disingenuous to him? I’m not happy with what seems to be occurring with a lack of squad cohesion and lack of transfer activity - my question is, are we sure this is Brendan’s fault?

Brown Nose

How do we know BR hasn’t been let down here? How do we know that the Chief Execs of the club haven’t been disingenuous to him? I’m not happy with what seems to be occurring with a lack of squad cohesion and lack of transfer activity - my question is, are we sure this is Brendan’s fault?

Why does it matter who's at fault?

Either the club assumed selling players would be easier or BR assumed it didn't make a difference.

Even if we take an extreme perspective of believing that BR was promised £50m plus sales revenue to spend this summer, and that was pulled away from him just as he was expecting the first signing, how would you want our manager to react?

I'd expect him to deal with it internally and, if he's not satisfied with the outcome, resign and explain why. What nobody needs is him whining about the situation constantly and acting like a spoilt brat.

He has spoken of how the club have supported him for three years and now they need him to support them. Then he contradicts this several times each week with his words and actions.

Miles Away

I do trust you.

What's your assumption?
At a guess.

Rodgers is very unhappy at not being backed in the transfer market, and genuinely thinks it's the primary reason we are struggling. He probably disagrees with the prices being set for some of our players and is really frustrated with the clubs inability to move players on to create space. He's expressing that frustration publically, but doing it in such a way that protects his own reputation and deflects from the issues on the pitch (set pieces, late collapses, etc). I think he will feel he has taken the club as far as he can and wants a "new challenge"

The club, on the other hand, will feel they have backed Rodgers by breaking their historical model in keeping Tielemans last summer and adding to the squad. They will have seen a decline in performances and some worrying signs of weakness within matches. Further the players they spent money on last year haven't been integrated by the manager. The gamble to back him last year didn't pay off and now they have a bit of a mess on their hands (contracts, no Europe, bloated squad). The club will feel Rodgers is highly compensated and heavily backed and he needs to get his act together.

The fans? The on-pitch product hasn't been good enough for some time, and the issues are obvious...you can go as far back to Pre-Covid, but our first match back from lockdown in 2020 we conceded a soft late goal from a set piece. We've been doing it for years...even in the FA Cup we were a gnats knacker away from a late goal breaking us. While there are systemic issues at club level, what's happening on the pitch is Rodgers responsibility and when they look to him for answers they are seeing a distracted and frustrated figure and one that does, at times, seem unaware of his teams weaknesses (or at least unable to address them). The fans want to see committed professionals trying their hardest to succeed at the club they love. They also want someone to respect and speak clearly to them. That's not happening with Rodgers or anyone else at the club.

All ends in tears.

Miles Away

The more I think about that Watford match post-lockdown...that really was the template for Rodgers football from then on:

• Look labored in possession and struggle to break a team down.
  • Score from a moment of superb quality from one of your star players.
  • Concede almost immediately afterwards....
  • From a bit of panicked defending.
  • From a set piece.

That's been the blueprint ever since, really. Nearly 100 matches since then...same issues.

Brown Nose

The more I think about that Watford match post-lockdown...that really was the template for Rodgers football from then on:

• Look labored in possession and struggle to break a team down.
  • Score from a moment of superb quality from one of your star players.
  • Concede almost immediately afterwards....
  • From a bit of panicked defending.
  • From a set piece.

That's been the blueprint ever since, really. Nearly 100 matches since then...same issues.

The incredibly long period of time where we've had exactly the same faults is the main problem I have with BR.

It's not just him either. What Davies, Toure and Driscoll do as his acolytes is lost to me. As well as giving Stowell responsibility for set pieces.

I know there is supposed to be a mythical set piece coach coming but for someone who is predominantly known as a good coach, his coaching failings are obvious and damning.

Fox Fan

It's not just him either. What Davies, Toure and Driscoll do as his acolytes is lost to me. As well as giving Stowell responsibility for set pieces.

This occurred to me the other day when we're prepping subs. Why is Stowell, our goalkeeping coach, going through the tactics with the player about to come on? Meanwhile these highly paid coaches are sitting on their arse contributing nothing.

Brown Nose

This occurred to me the other day when we're prepping subs. Why is Stowell, our goalkeeping coach, going through the tactics with the player about to come on? Meanwhile these highly paid coaches are sitting on their arse contributing nothing.

It's because Stowell is in charge of set pieces so he runs through the substitutes role at them just before they come on.

I agree that the logic of this role for a goalkeepimg coach is odd but he also had the same role when Puel was here.

fitz

What Davies, Toure and Driscoll do as his acolytes is lost to me. As well as giving Stowell responsibility for set pieces.

I don't think it's too far fetched to think that they're just Brendan's mates who are qualified for the job because they're Brendan's mates.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
It's because Stowell is in charge of set pieces so he runs through the substitutes role at them just before they come on.

I agree that the logic of this role for a goalkeepimg coach is odd but he also had the same role when Puel was here.
I think he had the same role when Martin Allen was here

FOX Franks

“Chelsea may move for Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire, 29, if they are unable to sign French centre-back Wesley Fofana, 21, from Leicester. (Evening Standard)”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670