Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Chelsea may move for Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire, 29, if they are unable to sign French centre-back Wesley Fofana, 21, from Leicester. (Evening Standard)”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
I’m no expert on Chelsea but didn’t they let Rudiger go on a free this summer? He’s better than both of them :102:

I’m no expert on Chelsea but didn’t they let Rudiger go on a free this summer? He’s better than both of them :102:
They couldn't offer him a new contract because of the sanctions Roman Abramovich was under at the time.

“Chelsea may move for Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire, 29, if they are unable to sign French centre-back Wesley Fofana, 21, from Leicester. (Evening Standard)”

Is there a sell-on clause?

So Newcastle are about to buy Usak from Real Sociedad (according to talk sport) for 60 million but would not pay this for Maddison?

They couldn't offer him a new contract because of the sanctions Roman Abramovich was under at the time.

They had plenty of time to sort it out before then, he (Rudiger) was able to talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract in January, they just weren't prepared to pay him what he wanted.

The Mercury is saying that Chelsea have pulled the plug and are moving on to other targets.

The Mercury is saying that Chelsea have pulled the plug and are moving on to other targets.
I think that's lifted from the sun article that said the same. Apparently other targets are....Harry Maguire. So it's obviously nonsense.

I don't believe that. I haven't seen them linked to a likely alternative option.

They're deliberately stringing it out because they know we need to sell. I'm actually impressed with us that we've not blinked and I hope we continue that way.

BR clearly wants us to sell ASAP but that's not the smart position.

I don't believe that. I haven't seen them linked to a likely alternative option.

They're deliberately stringing it out because they know we need to sell. I'm actually impressed with us that we've not blinked and I hope we continue that way.

BR clearly wants us to sell ASAP but that's not the smart position.
Hopefully we'll get to the position where Chelsea finally make an acceptable bid in the last half hour before the deadline. We get all the paperwork sorted and the money in the bank. Chelsea prepare the registration papers and have them ready to send. Just at that moment there's a terrific thunderstorm in southwest London which momentarily knocks out the power. Chelsea are sitting back, celebrating the capture and smoking whatever it is they smoke in southwest London when suddenly the football secretary realises that they have not received the usual out-of-hours reply from the FA. He hurriedly sends off the papers again...

...and they arrive fourteen seconds too late.

**** you Fofana and **** you Chelsea!

Hopefully we'll get to the position where Chelsea finally make an acceptable bid in the last half hour before the deadline. We get all the paperwork sorted and the money in the bank. Chelsea prepare the registration papers and have them ready to send. Just at that moment there's a terrific thunderstorm in southwest London which momentarily knocks out the power. Chelsea are sitting back, celebrating the capture and smoking whatever it is they smoke in southwest London when suddenly the football secretary realises that they have not received the usual out-of-hours reply from the FA. He hurriedly sends off the papers again...

...and they arrive fourteen seconds too late.

**** you Fofana and **** you Chelsea!

Even better if . . .

Chelsea leave it to the last minute and in a frantic panic in the final moments of the window, we substitute Amartey's name into the contract instead of Fofana.

Now that would be a giant '**** you' to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669