Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So players with shit stats will be better?
No. But then, that's not what I said, is it.

My point was, we've got people writing off a player that, in all likelihood, they've never seen kick a ball because of a small data set that probably means **** all in any real sense. The ludicrous panic and meltdown has reached fever pitch.

No. But then, that's not what I said, is it.

My point was, we've got people writing off a player that, in all likelihood, they've never seen kick a ball because of a small data set that probably means **** all in any real sense. The ludicrous panic and meltdown has reached fever pitch.
You've not been afraid to call out the shite we've signed recently. It's only natural that everyone has lost faith in our transfer activity. Now we're selling the one great player we've bought recently, and will probably have to pay a premium to replace him because any selling club knows we'll be getting a huge fee.

We've been linked with a player who looks like he will probably a huge downgrade based on the available evidence, and is probably too old to develop much further. Why are we betraying the model that's worked so well for us in the past? Why aren't we looking for another Fofana instead of players pushing 30 who fulfil some arbitrary characteristics that suit the way Rodgers stubbornly has us playing?

Last edited:
When we sold Maguire we had Soyuncu who stepped up incredibly well that season, it has been a shock to see him fall so far recently, there is no doubt in my mind that the injuries to Evans and partnership with just about everyone in the squad played a significant part. The question is do we have anyone in our reserves or youth set up that can fill the slot when Fofana goes?

Correct me if I am wrong here Puel sent Barnes out on loan and brought him into the first team not Rodgers? The reason for this question is where all this talk about BR being great for youth players and young players because for me I have not seen it. KDH is the only noticeable one who has come through under Rodgers and he has had to push hard over a number seasons to earn a first team place.

IMO we have moved away from doing the very thing that has brought us huge success, the sports science and taking risk when our scouts recommended players, we need to return to that and I think that is what the board are going to do.

VERBAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN CHELSEA AND LEICESTER FOR FOFANA

According to information from RMC Sport, Chelsea and Leicester have a verbal agreement for the transfer of Wesley Fofana. The two clubs who have been talking for several weeks are on the way to concluding the transfer. An agreement was reached around a record sum for a 21-year-old defender

World record fee for a central defender…

Hmmm. before or after a load of ridiculous ‘add ons’, I wonder

VERBAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN CHELSEA AND LEICESTER FOR FOFANA

According to information from RMC Sport, Chelsea and Leicester have a verbal agreement for the transfer of Wesley Fofana. The two clubs who have been talking for several weeks are on the way to concluding the transfer. An agreement was reached around a record sum for a 21-year-old defender

I don't recognise RMC to know how reliable it is, but the Daily Mail (not credible) and The Athletic (more credible) have both already jumped on this to say a deal is done too.

I hope to God we've got a replacement AND reinforcements lined up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669