Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys guys guys, with the squabbling and the insults. We’re better than this….

Keep the faith, it’ll get better eventually.

Currently we are in trouble without a league win in four games and a solitary point, having pissed away two points when two goals ahead after an hour.

no one has ever been relegated in September and we have only played for 12 points.

So, my points are simple I guess:

1) Is the current squad good enough as is to finish outside of the bottom three?

2) Is the current squad good enough to compete for the top four places?

3) Are there signs of improvement ongoing that lead to the conclusion that we can pull this around?

4) Is BR the right person to do this and can he?

I would go for yes, no, yes and not sure.

Therefore perhaps we need to stick with BR and see who we can bring in this week?

For the record I’m starting to think we are in proper trouble.
It's a rubbish start. There's no doubt about that. I think the whole Fofana debacle has had a bigger impact than we probably know and I also think the manager is trying to force the club's hands. When the window shuts, both of these things will ease.

I think there has been enough on show, especially yesterday, to be confident that we will be fine. It's not going to be a pretty season, more one of consolidation, but I guess time will tell. It will be interesting to see how long the club are prepared to be patient with BR given that they are probably about to spend a huge bucket of cash on infrastructure and any threat of relegation would be worrying but either way I still think we have enough to keep ourselves out of considerable trouble.

If we can add a couple of faces in the next few days and keep most of the squad fit, I think we will be fine.

Normally on this forum if you have a different opinion you just get called a ****.
To be fair it's simple and saves time
It's thick ****.

Currently we are in trouble without a league win in four games and a solitary point, having pissed away two points when two goals ahead after an hour.

no one has ever been relegated in September and we have only played for 12 points.

1) Is the current squad good enough as is to finish outside of the bottom three?

3) Are there signs of improvement ongoing that lead to the conclusion that we can pull this around?

Therefore perhaps we need to stick with BR and see who we can bring in this week?
I'm one of the more optimistic ones, but you're doing very well to find any signs of improvement.

As I've stated a few times, we have a defence conceding chances at a relegation rate, and our attack has also declined to bottom half form over an extended period.

I'm struggling to find any signs of improvement.

1) Yes
2) No
3) No (how we play against 10 men is no kind of performance barometer)
4) Not in my opinion.

I do hope he doesn’t waste another 60m on shit.

I'm one of the more optimistic ones, but you're doing very well to find any signs of improvement.

As I've stated a few times, we have a defence conceding chances at a relegation rate, and our attack has also declined to bottom half form over an extended period.

I'm struggling to find any signs of improvement.
Our overall play shows signs (degree depending on individual view) of some good play but we just aren’t clicking.

Mon the defence part, I agree, we have been awful for quite some time. The question is, can we get a tune out of the defenders we have or do we need reinforcements to improve this area? From my perspective if Soyuncu is now out in the cold and we are therefore forced into using Amartey, then we aren’t good enough.

Attack wise, Vardy will come into form soon enough but we are very one dimensional.

I feel that we lack a leader on the pitch, a Huth sort of character who galvanises and barks out instructions.

We are certainly light weight and too easy to dominate at the moment.

If we let BR go (I am certainly no fan of his at the moment), do we have to pay up his contract immediately or can we pay it over the term of the contract?

Spending £30 million plus to get of him seems an awful waste of money?

Wish I’d ordered mine before last night
It's certainly time for concern but the next few days will really shape our season imo.

We need to sign at least 1 CB and a right winger plus not sell any of the other starters like Tielemans or Maddison.

The Man Utd result/performance will be important too so it could be time for them by Friday!

If we make a few decent signings and somehow win on Thursday, they can stay in the cupboard for now.

I think they'll be fitted by the weekend though as I'm not confident on decent signings and Man Utd will probably spank us!

Plus I still think Tielemans will go on transfer deadline day too.

Not seen him play, but fairly sure he plays left wing...

Starting to think our scouts don't know their left from their right.
A quick Google says he is a central midfielder who can play left or right wing too. Not sure we need a utility player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669