Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy.

He likes 'yes' people. He comes into clubs with big personalities and he talks them up - see his record at this at Liverpool, Celtic and here. However, he eventually sees those characters off and replaces them with players that are typically young, quiet, personalities that don't challenge.

He thinks he's a great coach so he wants people that listen to him and do exactly what he says.

In contrast, I think the evidence strongly suggests that he needs big characters on the pitch to hold together his flawed coaching methods.

Or you’ve made this all up…

Oh no he isn’t…. Oh yes he is.

Frankly who cares. Doesn’t change the fact we’ll be bottom of the league very soon.

Oh no he isn’t…. Oh yes he is.

Frankly who cares. Doesn’t change the fact we’ll be bottom of the league very soon.
After 4 games having played Arsenal and Chelsea. Probably. I’ll start worrying if, come the end of October, we’re still there. I’ve seen enough shit from other sides in the first few games to know that we won’t be.

I couldnt care less if he walks or is pushed tonight but then I don’t think we will be pulled into a scrap either way. I guess time will tell but today there was a better feeling about that performance.

If he has evidence or examples of this I’m happy to be corrected.

After 4 games having played Arsenal and Chelsea. Probably. I’ll start worrying if, come the end of October, we’re still there. I’ve seen enough shit from other sides in the first few games to know that we won’t be.

I couldnt care less if he walks or is pushed tonight but then I don’t think we will be pulled into a scrap either way. I guess time will tell but today there was a better feeling about that performance.
Mate, we’ve played 5 games this season. 2 of them have been at home to Brentford and Southampton and one was way to Stockport. We haven’t won one of them in 90 mins.

Do you self certify each year for your driving license? If so, I would recommend you don’t this year. You seem to not like evasive action. We are headed for a brick wall, but I am pleased you seem to acknowledge now that he should go. Progress. Yay. :109:

Do you self certify each year for your driving license? If so, I would recommend you don’t this year. You seem to not like evasive action. We are headed for a brick wall, but I am pleased you seem to acknowledge now that he should go. Progress. Yay. :109:
I haven’t said that he shouldn’t. I’m not averse to him going or staying. In the end, it’ll probably mean a few places higher in the table if he goes but either way, I’m not having some kind of trauma about the whole club being ‘****ed’ from the inside out like a toddler who can’t have a biscuit.

I haven’t said that he shouldn’t. I’m not averse to him going or staying. In the end, it’ll probably mean a few places higher in the table if he goes but either way, I’m not having some kind of trauma about the whole club being ‘****ed’ from the inside out like a toddler who can’t have a biscuit.
This is your narrative every time. Someone has a different opinion so you deride them. No one is having a tantrum. What people are doing is expressing an opinion based on a clear downward trend that has been going on since the start of 2022.

It doesn’t fit your view and that is fine, but rather than debate people you start this toddler drivel.

The funny thing is that it’s not even said with irony. When I drop my daughter at school I frequently hear kids deploying your debate technique. When a viewpoint doesn’t fit, out comes the mildly amusing bottom lip and laughable insults. Play a different record please.

This is your narrative every time. Someone has a different opinion so you deride them. No one is having a tantrum. What people are doing is expressing an opinion based on a clear downward trend that has been going on since the start of 2022.

It doesn’t fit your view and that is fine, but rather than debate people you start this toddler drivel.

The funny thing is that it’s not even said with irony. When I drop my daughter at school I frequently hear kids deploying your debate technique. When a viewpoint doesn’t fit, out comes the mildly amusing bottom lip and laughable insults. Play a different record please.

Sounds like even the school-kids know you’re talking shit.

Then stop acting so petulant.

Phrases like 'We are down' after four league games and the like just make you seem exactly as I describe so I will keep on mocking the childishness of them.

It is incredibly ironic when posters like you and a few others talk about sensible 'debate'. I am more than happy to engage in reasonable and logical debate but when the same old folk are banging on about us being doomed to relegation and how it's exactly the same as the Peter Taylor season, then reasoning with such drivel is impossible. Take a look at your last few posts and think about how you sound.

Unlike the usual suspects I don't profess to know the inner workings of the club or the manager's thoughts, this is where the wibble normally begins. I also don't believe every word in the press, another point of 'fact' people like to point to as if it validates anything. I'm happy to have an insightful discussion but it needs to be reasonable not blinkered by unnecessary petulance. Take yesterday as an example; there were a couple of people who were adamant that nothing positive could be taken from that game. That's just bollocks. Complete, illogical, incorrect bollocks. I was pissed off with the result but there were definitely positives to be had. People don't want to discuss those though because it doesn't fit the narrative of us being appalling in every single way from top to bottom without any saving graces.

It's also ironic when people get cross for me having an opinion and then spend every post reporting their opinion as fact. Take all this bollocks about 'Well that's because Rodgers thinks this that and the other....' or 'It's obvious that Top is trying to ..'. Folk may think they are mind readers or mouthpieces for the club but in reality they know as much as any of us do about these things; the square root of **** all. So yes, I will probably have a contrary opinion to this. That's okay, you don't need to get so offended by it.

Normally on this forum if you have a different opinion you just get called a ****.
To be fair it's simple and saves time

Then stop acting so petulant.

Phrases like 'We are down' after four league games and the like just make you seem exactly as I describe so I will keep on mocking the childishness of them.

It is incredibly ironic when posters like you and a few others talk about sensible 'debate'. I am more than happy to engage in reasonable and logical debate but when the same old folk are banging on about us being doomed to relegation and how it's exactly the same as the Peter Taylor season, then reasoning with such drivel is impossible. Take a look at your last few posts and think about how you sound.

Unlike the usual suspects I don't profess to know the inner workings of the club or the manager's thoughts, this is where the wibble normally begins. I also don't believe every word in the press, another point of 'fact' people like to point to as if it validates anything. I'm happy to have an insightful discussion but it needs to be reasonable not blinkered by unnecessary petulance. Take yesterday as an example; there were a couple of people who were adamant that nothing positive could be taken from that game. That's just bollocks. Complete, illogical, incorrect bollocks. I was pissed off with the result but there were definitely positives to be had. People don't want to discuss those though because it doesn't fit the narrative of us being appalling in every single way from top to bottom without any saving graces.

It's also ironic when people get cross for me having an opinion and then spend every post reporting their opinion as fact. Take all this bollocks about 'Well that's because Rodgers thinks this that and the other....' or 'It's obvious that Top is trying to ..'. Folk may think they are mind readers or mouthpieces for the club but in reality they know as much as any of us do about these things; the square root of **** all. So yes, I will probably have a contrary opinion to this. That's okay, you don't need to get so offended by it.
Well if he carries on we'll see who's right at the end of the season. I hope it is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00