Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Fofana's move means for Soyuncu?

We can't now sell Soyuncu and Vestergaard like we wanted to.

Surely Brendan needs to nurture Soyuncu and bring him back in?

When Evans inevitably gets injured it’s Vestergard and Amartey

Together at last

I wonder what Fofana's move means for Soyuncu?

We can't now sell Soyuncu and Vestergaard like we wanted to.

Surely Brendan needs to nurture Soyuncu and bring him back in?
Will his ego allow for that? He’s given Praet similar treatment and even now when he’d be of use to the first team it’s like he’s being punished for something.

Why don't we try to get that Maguire bloke from MaaanU?
Surplus to requirements he is there. Bet we could get him for not much. £8m ?

The next 5 days will be filled with speculation about a Fofana replacement.

To make it a good transfer window, we could do with 2 new centre halves, a left-footed left back, a right winger, and a striker.

The next 5 days will be filled with speculation about a Fofana replacement.

To make it a good transfer window, we could do with 2 new centre halves, a left-footed left back, a right winger, and a striker.

Our squad is a total mess.

Given a free run, I'd bring in a new keeper, two central defenders, a left back, a midfielder and a right sided winger. All as starters.

Clearly nowhere near this will happen but it just highlights how we've allowed problems to add up.

It's not just the gaps in the squad either. It's the lack of characters and leaders. We've a squad full of nice lads who crumble when the going gets tough. We need a few bastards.

Having said all that, I wouldn't trust BR to sign any player of his choice permanently. Loans only for him I'm afraid. He's proved over and over that he cannot recruit well enough.

Given a free run, I'd bring in a new keeper, two central defenders, a left back, a midfielder and a right sided winger. All as starters.

Clearly nowhere near this will happen but it just highlights how we've allowed problems to add up.

It's not just the gaps in the squad either. It's the lack of characters and leaders. We've a squad full of nice lads who crumble when the going gets tough. We need a few bastards.

Having said all that, I wouldn't trust BR to sign any player of his choice permanently. Loans only for him I'm afraid. He's proved over and over that he cannot recruit well enough.
And that's just the issues right now. They're all compounded at the end of the season when a number of contacts are up and others enter the final year of their contacts.

Why do you think that is? He’s an experienced manager who has worked at some massive clubs and Celtic. How can he have such a duff eye for recruiting staff and players?

Why do you think that is? He’s an experienced manager who has worked at some massive clubs and Celtic. How can he have such a duff eye for recruiting staff and players?

Easy.

He likes 'yes' people. He comes into clubs with big personalities and he talks them up - see his record at this at Liverpool, Celtic and here. However, he eventually sees those characters off and replaces them with players that are typically young, quiet, personalities that don't challenge.

He thinks he's a great coach so he wants people that listen to him and do exactly what he says.

In contrast, I think the evidence strongly suggests that he needs big characters on the pitch to hold together his flawed coaching methods.

Easy.

He likes 'yes' people. He comes into clubs with big personalities and he talks them up - see his record at this at Liverpool, Celtic and here. However, he eventually sees those characters off and replaces them with players that are typically young, quiet, personalities that don't challenge.

He thinks he's a great coach so he wants people that listen to him and do exactly what he says.

In contrast, I think the evidence strongly suggests that he needs big characters on the pitch to hold together his flawed coaching methods.
Get any Liverpool fan talking about Iago Aspas and it becomes scary just how true that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00